What a freaking month... RANT.

DarkDB1

Started off with the new house being completed... My best friend and my little sister had a crush on eachother and apparently my opinion on it mattered to my friend. I continued with saying I didn't like the idea of them 2 going out.

A slight debate came up and my parents got involved since my sister was making a big deal out of it. My best friend lives with me, Incase no one knew.

Sometime this month (about 2 weeks ago) I moved to the new house and the first night we slept in the house an argument broke out which lead to my sister and my friend leaving.

Which I kept a secret I have some depression issues, I think it might be a chemical inbalance or something. I need to see therapy sometime for it... Being alone in my house for about a week my depression set in which lead to a suicidal streak. In concern of my safety my parents, brother and friends called daily to check on me, Until 1 day when I downed a half bottle of vodka and took 6 pain killers. My body ended up rejecting both and i vomitted everything out. Now my best friend being concerned moved back into the house, Which pissed off my little sister for some reason.

Now she's at the point where she wont talk to me...

The 27th came. A party at my moms house where my mom, dad and my friend had a talk with me, Turned out no results. When everyone left. My mom had a very sad talk with me. Where she was balling her eyes out... Of course made me cry doing it...

July 28th, My friend stood out til about 1:30AM... At about 11PM i started to feel sad, Like I missed my grandmother so much sad... My mom's mother, She died in 1992 when I was 4 years old. I'm 1 of 5 kids, The youngest boy at that. So i had it rough as a child, I went to my grandmother for comfort and everything when she was alive... She wrote me a letter soon before she died. I have it framed and in my kitchen... Something drew me to the picture... I grabbed it and read it 10 times before i fell asleep in the corner of the kitchen. Where my friend found me and woke me up.

Now July 29th, I get awoken by a call from my dad at 11AM... Since i was still half asleep, it was something about his mom/my grandmother. Didn't think to much about it, And i passed right back out... a hour or 2 later my brother called and asked me to baby sit his 5 kids, Hell no... He was going to the hospital... So now me curious as to whats going on, I called my mom to find out... My grandmother has been in and out of the hospital for about 2 years now. The doctor called my aunt and told her to round up the family, My grandmother is not expected to make it through the night... So I went to go see her.

My family is not your typical family, My grandparents had 13 kids and adopted 1, So 14 total... Which leads to about 35 grand kids and about 16 great grand kids. With that much family there are the bad seeds that screw everyone over and have stopped showing up to family events. Everyone was there, Even some from out of state... Everyone was there crying when i showed up, I never seen most of those people be emotional in my entire life. One of my aunts and uncles (they are married) showed public affection to eachother for the first time that i seen... One of the out of state aunts from colorado asked my grandmother when she see's jesus to help her son (who remains in colorado), That he was doing bad things and is hurting himself... She never told anyone that her kid was troubled, She always spoke good about her kids.

Just things like that put me back in shock for abit, I admit i cried when i seen my grandmother... She was so weak, She could only wiggle 1 foot and open and close her jaw... barely making out words, They were more like moans, She used to be pretty fat, now she was annorexic skinny. I stood there for 3 hours until visiting hours were over. Hardest thing for me to do was say good bye. I held her limp and cold hand and kissed her on the cheek and tried to say good bye, I managed... But it was hard to stay strong while doing that... Seeing my grandfather who he's been married to her for 59 years cry infront of me for the first time got to me even more.... This just sucks, i'm going to bed now...

Last edited:

Sammich

dang man u gota alot going on try to keep your head up and keep busy. one thing...dont put alcohol or meds in the house unless u absolutely need those meds homie

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
why do you know that date? i dont know when my grandparent died and it was only a couple years ago
^Why not? I remember the dates when people I love pass away. It's normal.

I'm sorry about your grandma passing away. It must hurt a lot. I've lost all four of my grandparents and a few really close friends of mine, so I can relate to you a little. Try to remember what she'd want you to do, though, you know? Would she want ya to be sad or hurt yourself? Of course she wouldn't. So think of it as being strong for her.

Secondly, try to spend a lot of your free time with your friends and family. That way you won't have so much time for your mind to wander and get real down on yourself. Plus, they probably need you as much as you need them right now. It might not feel like it yet, but they will -- and so will you.

If you feel you need medication or counselling for your depression, I highly suggest you seek it. Go to a doctor. Talk to someone. Just don't keep it bottled in. I guarantee you'll run out of room sooner or later. Think about how selfish it'd be if you let it get to that point again. Like I said, your family probably needs you there, healthy and happy, as much as you need them. If you want, I can search around for places that deal with depression around your area for you. It's not a big deal to me and I'd be glad to do it. Just let me know

"The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering." -- Ben Okri

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
im so sorry to hear that bro. i know how you feel sorta. my mom became an alcoholic 4 years ago and i watched her drink herself to death in only 2 years. i was 16 when she passed. all i can say is for you to go along with the grieving process, and AVOID ALCOHOL AND MEDS! that will only make things worse. keep yourself busy 24/7 for a lil while till things calm down a little. keep us posted on your situation, oh and avoid drugs to make you feel better like prozac for as long as you arent causing youself harm, becuase they can make it worse and you dont wanna rely on those things. hope things get better man. and dont push your friends away, let them help anyway they can, even if they are just keepin you preoccupied