what a tragedy

self

DA squad.
so im driving down a road and hit this turn, i see a manhole cover so i weave it and hit another one :evil: i hit it so hard that my cross member got pushed back and up. now my driver side tire is rubbin on the back of the fender and i cant make right turns. moral of the story... DONT HAVE A DROPED CAR IN NYC. now its gona cost a ton to fix. not lookin foward to this. :alcoholic

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i would never try mine in the city

self

DA squad.
it was one of those steel plates the put on the floor to cover a whole, only difference this time was it was like 2 plates on top of eachother which hooked on to it. deffinately new i broke something when i hit it though. shit sucks but hey it happens. cant avoid them all.

XjoEnX

Try this, it worked for me years ago. Don't know if its the same for NY as it is here in CA though. Plus with our budget it may not work at all.

I drove over a huge pothole one night that broke one of my wheels, flattened and punctured my tire, and snapped my rear passenger end link. Total damage for came out to $180 for the single wheel, $95 for the tire, and $30 for a replacement end link. These potholes were huge and damage could have been worse if I were traveling faster.

I went down to my City Hall to ask how I can file a complaint because I could have lost control and crashed with the broken wheel. Our tax dollars are supposed to go towards keeping these roads maintained too. I even included pictures of the huge pothole in daylight, the street I drove down, and the damages done to my car. After I submitted everything according to how they wanted it, the very next day, as I was driving down the same road there was already a construction crew fixing the potholes.

1 month later, I received a letter from City Hall stating that they reviewed my complaint and are reimbursing me for my wheel and tire (no end link because they determined that could happen at any time) and also added a tax fee for what I paid for them at the time. I received a check about a week later written out to me to for $297 (IIRC). I was a little upset about the end link not being payed for, but I then thought about it and figured the city still cut me a good deal.

In your case, because it was a manhole cover, I would include if there were any warning signs as well to notify drivers.

Try it. You never know. It may just work. And if you try it, let us know how it goes!

Sucks to hear. I wouldn't even bother replacing the crossmember, just get a traction bar.
You might try to get the city to cover the cost as mentioned above. I had a wheel get bent by a pothole on a Navy base and the Govt. told me "too bad". Hope it works out better for you.

self

DA squad.
yeah i took pics the only difference between here and cali is that it takes about a year to get your money back. iv done it b4 ;/ but ima do that.

and i was gona put a traction bar instead. my problem is that i hit it so hard that it pushed my driver side wheel back.
i cant make a full right turn cus it rubs on the fender. what can i do about that?
should i rap a chane to the two front tow hooks and have a van or something pull it back into place? or should i just
take it to a shop and have them fix the problem?

Prozon

Kris
I would have a shop inspect it and fix it. It was a good suggestion to take pictures and see what the city will do.
It sounds like an area where they could have been doing road work, were there any caution signs or anything of that nature?

rybread761

Try this, it worked for me years ago. Don't know if its the same for NY as it is here in CA though. Plus with our budget it may not work at all.

I drove over a huge pothole one night that broke one of my wheels, flattened and punctured my tire, and snapped my rear passenger end link. Total damage for came out to $180 for the single wheel, $95 for the tire, and $30 for a replacement end link. These potholes were huge and damage could have been worse if I were traveling faster.

I went down to my City Hall to ask how I can file a complaint because I could have lost control and crashed with the broken wheel. Our tax dollars are supposed to go towards keeping these roads maintained too. I even included pictures of the huge pothole in daylight, the street I drove down, and the damages done to my car. After I submitted everything according to how they wanted it, the very next day, as I was driving down the same road there was already a construction crew fixing the potholes.

1 month later, I received a letter from City Hall stating that they reviewed my complaint and are reimbursing me for my wheel and tire (no end link because they determined that could happen at any time) and also added a tax fee for what I paid for them at the time. I received a check about a week later written out to me to for $297 (IIRC). I was a little upset about the end link not being payed for, but I then thought about it and figured the city still cut me a good deal.

In your case, because it was a manhole cover, I would include if there were any warning signs as well to notify drivers.

Try it. You never know. It may just work. And if you try it, let us know how it goes!
Jersey is the same way, if you call a cop, when they come up they make a police report, and then the state pays for your repair, or if you cant wait, reimbursment. My friend does this when his dropped Mazda3 hits shitty road work all the time. Its worth a shot man.

DAteggy93

wow must be nice to b in cali, in upstate ny if ur damage ur car on these ragady ass strets u can complain but u WONT be remburst. so what i do is b4 i lower my car find the worst streets so i know not to go down then when my car is lowered, and if i have to creep like a school bus over them

WAR 178

Premium User
I n the NYC area, it takes like a year or better to finally get your money. Also there has to be quite a few complaints on record of the same pothole or plate on the street. But dont let them get away with it....they have been doin very shoddy work out here and destroying cars and wheels in the NYC metro area. Make em pay somehow bro. I was just recently in the BX and went very slow over the plates covering a ditch....my lil car still moved that plate and the overlaping plate(retarted setup by the construction crew) very dangerous, and a stupid way to end your shift on the day. GL with getting at the state to pay for their hazards.

dlo253

if it takes a number of complaints as stated above, have your friends call and say something happened to them, may not be completely true but if it will help you get reimbursed for their unsafe work.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
so im driving down a road and hit this turn, i see a manhole cover so i weave it and hit another one :evil: i hit it so hard that my cross member got pushed back and up. now my driver side tire is rubbin on the back of the fender and i cant make right turns. moral of the story... DONT HAVE A DROPED CAR IN NYC. now its gona cost a ton to fix. not lookin foward to this. :alcoholic
Lol man I would of had an heart attack duude. Everyone tells me to drop my car but I reduse to because fowntown richmond pot holes is a no no.

self

DA squad.
Lol I was super tight. The only good thing about that plate was that it's on a main avenue. No signs or warnings about but I'm pretty sure my car isn't the only one who had a fight with it and lost. I'm takin it to the shop today to be fixed I can't wait to see how much they Gina hit me in the head price wise. Lol. Bloom berg better be ready to receive this bill.