what an afternoon

B18B_insane

Well today was going pretty good until.......... I start heading home from work cruising along with a civic si up the interstate when a guy in a nissan truck decides to run over a piece of shredded semi truck tire that's on the highway, the tire shoots out from his back tire fly's in the air hits my car it knocks my alignment out, rips the right front of the bumper away from the fender while tearing the support bracket in between the fender and the bumper......aggggghhhhh!! cracks my windshield, and the hood well I need a new one. I pretty much have to replace the whole right front of my car I'm effing pissed!!:(:angryfire

B18B_insane

Oh and of course the guy speeds up and weaves in and out of traffic so I couldn't get his tag number. If I would have been one lane over to the right I would of took a direct hit to the face.. Hey thanks buddy for pulling over to make sure you didn't seriously injure someone thanks a lot D-BAG!!

DWATTS5250

Well she looked 18!....
CHP, and most local PD's wouldnt do anything to the guy that ran the tread over anyway. They'd toss it in your face, and inquire as to why you were following so close, that you couldnt have avoided it. Its BS, Ive been through it before, now I just carry more insurance, something like the Road gators getting your Teg usually falls under a comprehensive loss, which is a non-chargeable loss...basically NO points on your record. If your insurance say different, pitch a fit, and remind them who's customer you are.
Best of luck on the repairs. Id recommend a great bodyshop, but they dont work with heavy mods or custom stuff...and theyre in So Cal

FMelo718

Damn, what as asshole. Some people just dont give a shit and only care about themselves and getting there first. I agree with DWATTS5250, cops woulda just bitched that you were too close, yada-yada-yada. Good luck with the repairs tho

B18B_insane

Thanks melo n dewatt, I didn't even bother with the troopers or local pd figured they could care less anyway, it sucks cause it was heavy traffic w/ no where to go anyway except into another car eff that. I had my insurance co on the phone as soon as I could, luckily i got full coverage they should out by the end of the week.

For the repairs I'll do it myself I work in a bodyshop so I'll just pull it in one afternoon and get started after work, I'll surely save some money. Maybe I'll have enough left over to replace my suspension woohoo that'd be sweet!!

96GSRteg

Tyler
You need a gopro my friend. I know somebody who constantly has his on because he got a ticket that he knew was BS so it uses it for proof if something comes up.

eiznekeM

You need a gopro my friend. I know somebody who constantly has his on because he got a ticket that he knew was BS so it uses it for proof if something comes up.
Mounted on the dash or where?

mjones73

As much as it sucks, it's not the truck drivers fault his truck kicked up something that was already on the road.. That's why the cops could care less about it.

Now if the tire came directly off the truck in question that would be a different story.

Anyway, good luck with your insurance company, hope they get you straightened out without much hassle.

suzuki714

even tho its tecnectly not the trucks fault. you would have to go to the tire maker. or if the truck co. cant prove how many miles are on the tire then it would be the trck co. fault. i use to work at a trucking co happens all the time.