what bore size on all motor ls

ntensedc4

i was wondering what bore size you guys would reccomend on a ls i was going to go with 85mm but i see everyone else running 84mm. i do have a jg ls head with crower 62404 camshafts

yunwawa

give me some time I have a couple books of referance but without a reinforced block I would suggest nothing. either a block guard, sleeves or both. However 85mm and 84 mm are a little excessive. All motor setups usually run best when they are not changed too much outside of stock limitations

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
give me some time I have a couple books of referance but without a reinforced block I would suggest nothing. either a block guard, sleeves or both. However 85mm and 84 mm are a little excessive. All motor setups usually run best when they are not changed too much outside of stock limitations
What are you talking about. All motor setups run better when they're not changed? Who told you that? Look bigger is always better and usually faster, but too big and reliability becomes a problem. Block guards suck ass, sleeving is the best way to go and if you use stock sleeves you can't bore over 82mm. With sleeves I would recommend 84mm just to leave yourself room for rebuilding.

ntensedc4

yea i have jg edelbrock head it has the jg valvetrain in it but i plan to put my crower valvetrain on. yea i plan to get my sleeved. the shop i go to redline performance they send there block and heads to endyne and they use golden eagle. so im probally be running that and ill probally go with the 84mm thanks for the help guys

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
why are you spending all this money on an ls?

ntensedc4

actually ive been haveing this jg head and the crower valvetrain for a while now i just havent but them on yet. just waiting to get my block built

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Why not? Im going to, not every honda needs VTAK.
Your building it for boost, sounds like he's going all motor. LS heads don't flow well or hold up as good under high rpms, just seems like it would be a better idea to use a vtec head for a N/A build if your going to go that in depth with it.

ntensedc4

well the most ill go is probally around 7500. thats where ill make the most power i dont want to rev all the way to 8 grand if i dont make any power no point so where ever the crowers make power thats where they be

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Ummm.....Not sure what you mean by boring a head? If your talking about porting the head, no it's not necessary.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
well the most ill go is probally around 7500. thats where ill make the most power i dont want to rev all the way to 8 grand if i dont make any power no point so where ever the crowers make power thats where they be
You just have to see where your curve is on a dyno. More revs mean more power but you have to have the cams and airflow to support them.