what cha think of my 'stupid' idea?

Street Anthem

Sac-Town's Finest
a dual exhaust muffler for my integra...

like the ones the camaro/firebirds have...u think it will work?

only thing tht im contemplatin is if its gonna drastically mess wit Torque/HP...

siscoke

if they exist they are prolly most for show and wont have been tested for JP/torque nall so :s

still it wont look that good on a teg imo (think it will even look ricey) sorry to say :(

greetz sis

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
Saw it once on a turbo teg..guess it was some super wastegate ext. or something cuz it works on older gti's (here i go with vw stories) any who..yea i would advise against it..i think only the accord v6 is the only honda around with duals..obviously..but i dunno you might lose alot of back pressure with all that added exhausted back there..

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
YezEr said:
but i dunno you might lose alot of back pressure with all that added exhausted back there..
The need of back pressure is a myth....you do not need or want back pressure it hurts performance and engines.

ltrain

Street Anthem said:
a dual exhaust muffler for my integra...

like the ones the camaro/firebirds have...u think it will work?

only thing tht im contemplatin is if its gonna drastically mess wit Torque/HP...
duel exhaust on a teg is dumb sorry to say, looks dumb and serves no purpose itll just add weight

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
slow_99integra said:
The need of back pressure is a myth....you do not need or want back pressure it hurts performance and engines.
Well on some applications like auto x you need a little backpresurre to keep a strong midrange torque band
to get the car at speed trought turns and get a good launch, also helps on city driving, having a straight trough exhaust is more for top end power but in a lightly modifie car especially our 4 bangers you will lose low end torque the little we have and trust me it will hurt your launches

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
cabezzzdb8 said:
Well on some applications like auto x you need a little backpresurre to keep a strong midrange torque band
to get the car at speed trought turns and get a good launch, also helps on city driving, having a straight trough exhaust is more for top end power but in a lightly modifie car especially our 4 bangers you will lose low end torque the little we have and trust me it will hurt your launches
i did not know that. I am force fed.....not N/A

"I have seen where a little back pressure, helped out the very low end of a 4 cycle engine because it had a lot of valve timing and it stopped some of the scavenging of the cylinder and (therefore) helped the power. But as the motor revved up, the gains were diminished and it lost power on top (in the upper rpms). There have been exhaust systems designed to actually reverse feed the cylinder through the exhaust port, before the valve closes on overlap. It actually has worked, but it didn't seem to work over a large rpm band but in a short (rpm) one, it worked quite well"
Quoted by John Grudinsky Hytech Exhausts
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=355

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
slow_99integra said:
I see..You learn something new everyday..I'm about to go disconnect my cat back..and run around the block open header..

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
YezEr said:
I see..You learn something new everyday..I'm about to go disconnect my cat back..and run around the block open header..
Just take out the header all togeder and run on open ports :p , did that once in my old rx7 it sounded awesome for the 5 seconds it was on but then again rotary's have no valves so it might be a problem on your car

Street Anthem

Sac-Town's Finest
actually someone beat me to it already...a silver 93 Teg has it......it look nice with the black widow kit but the car is somewhat loud...plus i was checkn where to weld the hangers n what not...it'd be a lot of work n it wont help out performance wise...

plus im gettin ripped by all ya'll lol so...yea fuck tht idea

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
cabezzzdb8 said:
Just take out the header all togeder and run on open ports :p , did that once in my old rx7 it sounded awesome for the 5 seconds it was on but then again rotary's have no valves so it might be a problem on your car
You know what I'll just take ur word for it..I'll leave all that stuff on...lol