• Street Modified

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Prepared

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Modified

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

mirrorimg

I know the majority of the members on here do not autocross their cars, but Im interested in what class you all would place if you were to enter.

Here is a link to the SCCA Website
And here is a link to the Solo SCCA Rules.

Im not going to spoon feed you all what fits into what class, if you want to answer the poll properly, you will need to look at what modifications put you into what class. If someone who is more familiar with the rules and can bullet them in a simple manner, I will edit this and replace it with your information.

Interested in seeing how many people exceed the Street Touring class :D

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
lol! good stuff.. i'll find out what class im in right now :thumbs up

speedin

The Transporter
Stx, but technically with no cats im in a whole other league, but I mean nobody ever cares to bother checking for cats. But even if they did check mine I have a fake cat there so that would prob fool them anyways.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Arent you running an E-cutout too Mark? I take it they would notice if you opened that up.

I believe I would be placed into the Street Touring class. I think if I were to remove some of the daily driver amenities, it would push me out of that class with the modifications Im doing to the motor.

speedin

The Transporter
Arent you running an E-cutout too Mark? I take it they would notice if you opened that up.

I believe I would be placed into the Street Touring class. I think if I were to remove some of the daily driver amenities, it would push me out of that class with the modifications Im doing to the motor.
Technically the cutout is post fake cat, lol. And yea I run it open when I compete. Really I dont think anyone really cares. Its not like I run for the regional title. Hell I usually dont even place for the event in my class. To many Mini's and crazy auto-x prepped cars that rape me. I may have more power, but on a track where I can barely grab 3rd it doesnt do much good. So I just go out for fun. I mean my only big suspension mod is springs, and my tires are more of a touring spec tire. So with these guys running full coil-overs and totally redone suspensions, all connected to the ground by DOT slicks, I just dont compare.

I usually go to an event and look at the tech guy and just straight up tell him to put me in what ever class he wants, I really dont care. I had one guy laugh and put me in the top class for shits and giggles once (although technically I thinks thats where id be not running cats).

Its about me having some fun, not really competing. A friend of mine competes, he has a bone stock WRX (power wise) but he has every suspension mod under the sun and he flat out OWNS STX every time he competes, this fucker can drive! But then again he built his whole car for STX and does ALOT of auto-x's.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Can you give a more specific link? I can't find where to go to figure out my Class.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I haven't read the rules in a LONG time. I know street prepped doesn't allow for swapping turbos, wastegates, BOV's...etc. and I know Prepared requires an intake restrictor.

Of course most of the classes don't allow the tires I have so that's an obvious oust.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Can you give a more specific link? I can't find where to go to figure out my Class.
Should be in the second link provided. If you look in the table of contents, you will see classing information. It should be somewhere between page 65 and 80. You will see the poll options amongst those pages on the ToC and know where to go.