What Coilovers should I get?

DumaDa9

i havent read too much into progress coilovers, are they really better than ff type II?? for less than 600...

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
i havent read too much into progress coilovers, are they really better than ff type II?? for less than 600...
Progress is an actually race/performance company. They make quality products. I'm planning on running a bunch of their parts on my next track/time attack build.

F&F is a 'Chinese-knockoff' company that uses a generic coilover design, unspecified valving, and cheap parts to make a cheap product. F&F, D2, Megan Racing, Blackworks etc. all use a single supplier and simply repaint/rebadge the product. Can you daily drive F&F with little issue? Yeah sure. Will they outperform Progress' coilovers on a shock dyno or at the track? Not a chance.

You're choice, knock-off or the real deal. Yeah, Progress isn't the hot, 'JDM' company right now but they make quality parts.

Last edited:

DumaDa9

i just hear alot of mixed feelings, one of my friends had koni/gc set up then tien flex, then d2, then ff type II, so far he said the Type II was way better than the other 3, ill have to look more into progress, a full coilover for less than 600 dont sound too bad

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
When I used to have my DB8, the first coilovers I ever got was the TEIN Flex. It was perfect for daily driving and touge, but was too soft for track use. I then upgraded to the Skunk2 Pro-C and they were exactly what I needed. I bought the Flex for $1400 and the Pro-C for $900.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
When I used to have my DB8, the first coilovers I ever got was the TEIN Flex. It was perfect for daily driving and touge, but was too soft for track use. I then upgraded to the Skunk2 Pro-C and they were exactly what I needed. I bought the Flex for $1400 and the Pro-C for $900.
Not to mention, the damping on the Flex feels horrible. Bleh I hate those things. And if you look at the shock dyno tests, when you adjust the damping there's more bound added than rebound, so it effectively changes the spring rate. No bueno IMO.

Ksports
Blox
Function Form
Ksports suck ass, F&F suck ass, Blox are Omni Power copies. Can't comment on the Blox coils because I've never driven on them, but the Omnis I'm using are capable and consistent at the track for an 'entry-level' coilover.

Last edited:

jason.az1

I'm lost!
Ksports suck ass, F&F suck ass, Blox are Omni Power copies. Can't comment on the Blox coils because I've never driven on them, but the Omnis I'm using are capable and consistent at the track for an 'entry-level' coilover.
I've had Ksports and my friends has had them I like the way the ride and handle plus they are local for us so warranty is great. Never tried blox but for the price fuck it lol and f&f my boy has type 2 and i hate them but again for the money

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
I had the Progress Lowering springs on my rsx-s, coupled with other suspension mods. I can Honestly Say,that If Progress makes parts for my car (what ever it may be at the time) They will be going on my car with out a second though.