What Coilovers should I get?

Bsweeney

what are some good coilovers that will last me awhile but wont kill the bank. I'm a highschool senior on a budget with some people to pay back and some fines to pay. I just want my teg to look nice and handle nice. I've read other threads and i see people sayin skunk 2 and function and form. Any other suggstions?

huffmase

I really dig the K sports on my car. Fully adjustable and not to expensive.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Just save longer dude. Go skunk 2 pro s 2 that's what I'm riding on. I paid $680 for em. Ride like a dream and handles great

bkirshr

User that is Registered
i just ordered a set of Tein Basis from Mitch about an hour ago. I'm so excited! $650 shipped

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Mitch is a member on here (user name thenoxus1) he sells aftermarket parts

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Mitch is a member on here (user name thenoxus1) he sells aftermarket parts
yeah? i'm rarely on here and just noticed this post. i need some suspension and the locals keep trying to push me onto blackworks but i don't know. i had k-sports on my 240 and they were junk IMO. thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
There's no such thing as a cheap, decent coilover. Here's a pro-tip, pay your debts, save up, don't buy shit parts.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Don't go BWR coilovers. I support a lot of the stuff they make, think it's decent for what it is. I wouldn't trust coilovers. Gbaby, you know some people just want to lower a bit and aren't as worried as you and I are about damping, spring rates and trackability etc. For those people you have a few "budget options" budget being 700 or less.

FF Type 1 for 600
Tein Basis for around 650
Skunk2 Pro for around 710

If you are not looking to anything more than lower and don't care about ride quality, a lot of people have good luck with the FF Type 1. It's really a matter of preference in those budget coilovers, check out spring rates etc and see what fits you best.

Sengalang

Heres are some rules I always had back in high school..

1) If its not broken, dont fix it (unless of course you planned on modifying it in some kind of way that the old just cannot do)
2) dont buy "ok" stuff. Save up some money then buy some "Holy Sh*t !! " parts, that way you dont waste money buying something better if you didnt like your "ok" stuff.

In my opinion the only ones i would consider good to buy for the price would be
1) Koni/GC
2)F&F

I seriously wouldnt cheap out on suspension. Ive rode in plenty of terrible set-ups before.

Last edited: