what could make my car run lean?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
my car also hesitates under acceleration

im thinking a vacuum leak,o2 sensor,or a maf sensor(do integras even have these?)

if anyone else knows any other possibilities, let me know

thanks

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
because ive tried everything everybody on here told me in previous theads but nothing has fixed it yet :( so im just seeing if i can find other possibilities of why its doing this

srry if its bothering you...im a noob to hondas

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i am next week...i finally found someone to do it

but i dont think it has anything to do with me running lean because my car was normal when i bought it

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
it could be the power control module or the o2 sensor, my my had that problem bad for her dodge ram. haha but obviously thats 2 different cars so idk if integras even have power control modules. haha but yeah try those

Integra's don't have a MAF sensor they use the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Is yours upgraded? I ask because under boosted setups you usually need to switch to a five bar. Maybe take a pic of it and post, it is located right on top of the intake mani right after the throttle body i believe, it should be black. It measures the boost pressure in the intake manifold so you never know it could be bad, just an idea

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
ok i took my car to autozone and had a check engine light test done

and both of my 02 sensors arent working, but the guy also said this could be a bad map sensor

what do you guys think??

my car is still running pretty lean and hesitates so should i get it tuned first or should i try to fix these problems?

thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Get it tuned and don't drive it till then.
Edited for accuracy lol

You keep driving around boosting it, running lean on an untuned engine you're going to end up melting a hole in a piston or some equally unappealing scenario.

Get a wideband o2 sensor if you don't have one and get it tuned. Until then, I wouldn't drive it.....if you have to, then don't get into boost.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
Edited for accuracy lol

You keep driving around boosting it, running lean on an untuned engine you're going to end up melting a hole in a piston or some equally unappealing scenario.

Get a wideband o2 sensor if you don't have one and get it tuned. Until then, I wouldn't drive it.....if you have to, then don't get into boost.
yeah that what i been doing..i havent booseted it since last week and im babying it also

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well i dont think it matters anymore because theres no o2 sensor on my downpipe....whats up with that?