what did you do to your car today?

ACJett

Enthusiast
Hey I'm very interested in doing this! I wanna play my ipod but I don't want a new "ipod" ready stereo...can any stereo play an ipod like this? Ill post a pic of the back of it. Let me know!
If your aftermarket stereo has an optional disc changer input on the back, odds are they make an adapter that goes from your changer input and converts to female RCAs. Then you just need a cord that goes from the ipod dock connecter and converts to male RCAs. Install and you're done.

Sound quality is much better out of the ipods docking port as opposed to the headphone jack. The headphone jack still uses the ipods internal amp so if you're plugging it into something that will also amp it (car stereo, home stereo) the sound quality suffers. Docking also port offers a true digital signal.

Last edited:

shahriar35

Yesterday, I finished with the second wash on the car after I clayed it, then I put on 4 coats of Zaino Z5 with ZFX, it appears to rub some paint off but eventually bought out the shine. Maybe I may put a few more coats on the car. I was able to put on 4 coats with about 1.2 ounces, amazing! I also brushed my alcandra (spelling) and conditioned the vinyl and leather and then put a softner on it.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I got an alignment. 4 wheel adjustment (caster/camber/tow) ended up costing me $108 with tax. Not bad considering another shop quoted me about $500 because I have a "custom camber kit" (Skunk2 all around).

shahriar35

I got an alignment. 4 wheel adjustment (caster/camber/tow) ended up costing me $108 with tax. Not bad considering another shop quoted me about $500 because I have a "custom camber kit" (Skunk2 all around).
Even $108 is a rip off. Wow $500, they are crazy, probably because they didnt know what to do.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
$108 is only a rip-off because I'm unable to do the alignment myself. It was the best price I could get around here. I did my research. It costs a lot to align a lowered car here. All 4 wheels, aligning the toe, caster, and camber. Plus the list had to be level with the floor as my car is too low for the use of ramps.

$500 was from a porsche place that does alignment for corvette's. I was confused too but was suggested to check them out from a friend. It's done and over with now though and I'm happy. $108 spent on an alignment was worth it considering I would have to replace $500 tires on a yearly basis. Very good investment in my opinion.

NorthEndGhost

I got my header back exaust installed on fri... It sounds sick & I can feel a huge power gain! I had probably lost 10-20 hp because of all the leaks on the stock shit, i regained that and an additional 10-20 with the 4-2-1 header & test pipe. I still have the silencer in it because I'm told that's the only way to keep the boys off my back. I like the tone with the silencer, but I just hate the way it looks... I'll post some pics after work. spooledupracing FTW :thumbs up