what did you do to your car today?

Noneed2Hate

sanded my new carbon fiber hood a bit, still need to go over it with a finer grit to get rid of the streaks showing. After that it will be on to clear coat and a wax.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

welp. I dicked it up. Had it all nice until I put the clear coat on then it looked like ass.... :/ so needless to say I am starting over. Already sanded it back down.

It also looks kind of meh on the car.

R13

The other asshole
Looks like cheap clear coat, or just a bad hand.

You'll have to wet sand the clear coat with like 3000-5000 grit and polish it to make it look really nice anyway, it won't look good by just spraying it on if it's a rattle can job.

Your headlights are also dirty. :p

Noneed2Hate

Looks like cheap clear coat, or just a bad hand.

You'll have to wet sand the clear coat with like 3000-5000 grit and polish it to make it look really nice anyway, it won't look good by just spraying it on if it's a rattle can job.

Your headlights are also dirty. :p
It was rust-oleum clear coat, but it was due in part to my mess up lol. I wasn't consistent enough, though I didn't realize I'd have to sand it after putting the clear coat on.

So when I spray it on, it won't look clear straight away? I'll work on it I guess

R13

The other asshole
Use duplicolor cans, they have much better nozzles. And youtube automotive paint gun technique, you can use the same motion and patterns with spray cans for much cleaner results.

Also: It will be clear but you will likely basically have what is called orange peel, sanding and polishing will help clean that up.

Just look at my front bumper, kind of a bad pic, but it shows the surface good. I used 5000 grit and a drill with a 3m polishing pad, it looked like a spray gun job until it started getting dull because I forgot to clear coat it. :lol:

Dr Grant

Just look at my front bumper, kind of a bad pic, but it shows the surface good. I used 5000 grit and a drill with a 3m polishing pad, it looked like a spray gun job until it started getting dull because I forgot to clear coat it. :lol:

Do you have a step by step of how you painted your bumper?

Side note: I finished replacing pads and rotor on rear passenger yesterday, and did just finished driver side today. :D feels good to get some work done on Janis

R13

The other asshole
Do you have a step by step of how you painted your bumper?

Sadly I do not.

Basically, just research how professionals paint cars and use those methods replacing the gun with spray cans, then wet sand with 3m 5000 and machine polish with a good polish and as soft of a pad as you can get away with.

phatintegra

Banned
My Subi got fresh air/cabin filter, Ardeca oil change, tire plug and had to reset the TPMS thru the OBD port.

Dad Jeep full Freon and brake flush the other day and now I need to replace 1 axle (4.5 hour labor) this Monday and if I have time wheel alignment.

Today should be replacing air/cabin filter and one 3rd brake bulb for my sister RL.

Complain to Acura about a banging noise in my MDX when you put it in D or R from park. Since the SUV was new. The local Acura dealership finally figure it out after the warranty expired. The local Acura is charging me $1400 for 2 engine mounts due to crack and oil pump seal. Acura is investigating the local Acura dealership and the history/service report on my MDX.

Last edited: