What do i need to rebuild b18a1 engine? Help?

SleepWalker42o

Okay well its 3am in the morn so imma keep it short n simple.

I bought this car a month and a week ago, and i have a few problems. . . here it goes

1. My idle is off, haven't gotten into seeing why or adjusting. Lack of knowledge.
2. My engine is making a grinding gear sound, piston rod?
3. My tranny is popping outta gear easily. Also it seems like my car is over revving when i hit 3500rpms. What should i replace first transmission or clutch?
4. What do i need to rebuild my engine, Im on a budget and i just want it to run and be reliable, with maybe some basic upgrades for performace. Im lookin for cheap alternatives please.

I also saw this rebuild kit on this website, worth it? If so what else should I replace including whats on the list of parts?

http://www.perfectengine.com/Acura_1_8L_B18A1_B18B1_Engine_Rebuild_Kit_Integra_p/saf-seck1291.htm

i dont know if it would help but ill make a video of the engine and how it sounds when it stops raining on us over here in illinois.

Thanks a bunch in advanced.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
1). Check your fuel system (pump, filter, injectors) and Idle-air control valve

2). The engine is making the sound? are you sure it's not the trans? #3 makes me think it might be.

3). How man miles on the clutch and trans? I would just do a transmission flush first and see if it helps, depending on mileage on the trans.

4). That is a master rebuild kit. It would replace every seal, gasket, ring, and moving part of your car. You probably don't need to buy that unless your motor is REALLY old/beat-up/high mileage. IF there's anything wrong with your motor (e.g. seals, piston rings) just replace those and save yourself $500.

Yes make a video plz

SleepWalker42o

1). Check your fuel system (pump, filter, injectors) and Idle-air control valve

2). The engine is making the sound? are you sure it's not the trans? #3 makes me think it might be.

3). How man miles on the clutch and trans? I would just do a transmission flush first and see if it helps, depending on mileage on the trans.

4). That is a master rebuild kit. It would replace every seal, gasket, ring, and moving part of your car. You probably don't need to buy that unless your motor is REALLY old/beat-up/high mileage. IF there's anything wrong with your motor (e.g. seals, piston rings) just replace those and save yourself $500.

Yes make a video plz
Well its a manual transmission, how do u drain/flush the tranny?

A beautiful 194k Miles on my boo.

Clutch and trans im assuming the same lol. The owner before was talking to me about the car and called it a accord a few times lol.

Ill make a video tonight or tomorrow =] Thanks for the quick reply

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
There's a drain plug on the tranny case.