what do yall think?

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
I wanna open a detail shop and i think im going to sell my car, so i can get my tools, but then i will have no way to get around. so what i was thinking is, im going to turn my car in to my shop. its not much i have to carry with me, so i need help on planing this car and still be able to race it on the weekends.

my tools :
air compresser
buffer
shop vac
chemicals
power washer/ steamer
rags
water filters
car tent

so thats what i have to carry aroung with me. sounds easy huh. but depending were im doing it i may need some more stuff, water, electricity, so i had it planed. a box in the trunk with buffer chemicals, rags, gloves. air compresser. and shop vac were the back seats useto be. and steamer in tow? i also wanna know if any one knows of some good ac2dc converters/ .solar batt charger so i can run a buffer a compressser and a vac but not all at the same tiime
what do yall think? any mod u think i should do or any ideas? will help

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Sell it, get a Van.

No way you will be able to lug all of that around. Packing it will be tight, getting things out when you need them will be difficult. If you still want to do it, you are putting in a lot of weight on the back, and will probably need stiffer springs if you are running stock, or raise the car up if you are running adjustable springs in the back.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
yea i was thinking that specialy cuz that the rearend will be pulling a 500 poung steamer but i wanna keep my integra

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
find a cheap van that you can put your name on, i guess you can do it out of the teg but it's gonna be rough and probally not give a great impression. bottom line is the job you do so that wont really matter. best of luck bro;)

Rich-PMS

Why not just start off going to customers houses, use their water/electric just ring a hose and extension cord.

You can also start off doing claybar and wax vs buffing. And your best bet is to go to homedepot and buy a few clear spray bottles to use so you can buy gallons of your stuff vs small spray bottles. Much cheaper!

Also, vistaprint.com an get business cards. I got 500 for 7$ shipped :)

a detailing business is litterally something you can build from the ground up, and have VERY minimal start up costs. I'm also inthe process of doing so. PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to chat about it

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
Why not just start off going to customers houses, use their water/electric just ring a hose and extension cord.

You can also start off doing claybar and wax vs buffing. And your best bet is to go to homedepot and buy a few clear spray bottles to use so you can buy gallons of your stuff vs small spray bottles. Much cheaper!

Also, vistaprint.com an get business cards. I got 500 for 7$ shipped :)

a detailing business is litterally something you can build from the ground up, and have VERY minimal start up costs. I'm also inthe process of doing so. PM me with any questions, I'd be glad to chat about it
yea but a buff looks a lot cleaner, and i was thinking about going to there house and there job and idc were but ill deatail it there you know. and yea its cheap for what you can make off of it

oh i wanted to use both of my tegs for marketing u know like take them to shows, track, meets and drive around in it. i hate when ppl put sticker on there cars but when its your shop or sponser do it in a clean matter, so i was planning on doing

Last edited:

Rich-PMS

Claybar and hand polish will yeild the same results except on a black car. IMO, since you don't know exactly how things will take off I'd start small. I'm starting doing no buffing and minimal advertisement. Craigslist works wonders.

mirrorimg

Claybar and hand polish will yeild the same results except on a black car. IMO, since you don't know exactly how things will take off I'd start small. I'm starting doing no buffing and minimal advertisement. Craigslist works wonders.
Same results as a car polished with an orbital buffer? I think not.

Odds are, considering the paint is in good condition, he is going to use a cutting polish and a specific pad to remove the swirl marks. After that he will apply a finishing polish, and then a wax on top of that. The results from an orbital polisher will exceed that of a hand polisher.

Not too mention the amount of time saved by using an orbital.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
Same results as a car polished with an orbital buffer? I think not.

Odds are, considering the paint is in good condition, he is going to use a cutting polish and a specific pad to remove the swirl marks. After that he will apply a finishing polish, and then a wax on top of that. The results from an orbital polisher will exceed that of a hand polisher.

Not too mention the amount of time saved by using an orbital.
clay is god, but no way near what a polisher can do, clay is okay i don't use it, much. i tryed to hand buff my hood but, no way near what i can do with a buffer, yea wirls are a bitch even if its not your car but i cant sleep, when i know i left swirs at work. you know shit gets going, we need to do cars at a fast pace i wanna take my time and be fair. but for work you got to pay

on a buffer you must have stages:
foam/soft(green pad)
can get some oxidation out, not much it will show back upin about 3-10 days leaves no swirls,

a harder more textured (yellow pad)
same as a bove but beter for the hotspots of the road lower fendersand rear panel around the tire, you can also use a lil more abrasive compound before you eat up your pad, wipe a lot and keep your speed down nd yo should be okay on the swirls

then you have a wool pad
can eat ur paint up before you know it. leave the so so sexy swirls with ease, but you can still make a car look good. with time and u can use any compound on it.

then you can wax and clay if needed, a lot better finish and and it stays, for a lot longer idk if the color of the pad helps you. at all but thats how i know them, and orbitals are only good for wax, i would rather hand wax you get more sentual with the car and keep the wax from getting the wax on places you dont want. i would post a list of coumpound but idk what there names are. i just know them by smell

oh i was thinking about the spring and i was like 75 for the front and 100 for the back so lets up them 25 100 for the front and 125 for the rear? but will that be to stiff, for road racing/ canyons drives,