What ECU is this

mirrorimg

Moates is a company that does offers chipping hardware and other tuning related things. And that looks like a conversion harness.

http://www.moates.net/

What year is your car, what engine do you have, and what is the ECU code/number?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Looks like a chipped OBD1 ECU for your OBD2 car. The previous owner probably had it tuned. If it's not boosted or fully built then there really wouldn't be that much point but people do it.

mirrorimg

I would either get it retuned or get a stock ECU then. The mapping on that ECU will be for a turbocharged car, that requires a lot more fuel than your B20.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
ya, you can never re-use a tune once changes have been made. Tuning is very car specific. Tuning is the one thing that sucks but is the most important part of a build. You will never be able to sell a tune or use it in any other setup then the exact one you had for the tune.

Rx7driver4Life

I know that a tune is car specific

I am going to look into a re tune even though the car runs fine and plenty of power this thing is quick.

mirrorimg

Didnt realize how long you have been driving it as you have said in your other post. If you are getting good gas mileage, then I wouldnt worry about it until it time to boost again.

it doesn't look chipped, your e prom looks like it's still soldered in. You do have a conversion harness there which makes sense obd2 started in 96 so i would say you have an obd2 car with an obd1 ecu.