What happens when studs go bad!

XxCaryxX

Cruising into town and two of my four front-left studs snapped. I had no where to pull over the second it happened so i babied it for about half a mile to a mile til i could pull over. The lugs backed themselves out in the process as well. Funny part is, I was on my way to order 16 new studs and buy some new lug nuts. (Mine were not an exact fit but were very close). The damage is not as bad as I first thought, I will need a new front rotor because it dug into the rim, a set of studs all the way around, and of course a new set of rims (My rim is possibly fixable but I personally, do not feel like dealing with it). It was dark when I got back home so I only have pics of the rim itself, and I will post more tomorrow when I have daylight to take the pics.

[/IMG]

XxCaryxX

I do not know why the first pic will not show. You get the idea of the major damage from the one you can see. The other is where the rotor dug into the base of the rim behind the spokes. It is purely cosmetic from what I can tell.

XxCaryxX

With the above posts being made, can anyone offer some guidance on Rim choices? I am after 17x7 so i can reuse my tires to save money. I know you get what you pay for, but I am on a budget. I am still researching, and any help and/or suggestions while i continue to search will be greatly appreciated guys.

XxCaryxX

I really would like to have some TE37 replicas but all the ones I find are 17x7.5 or wider. My tires are only 205/40/17 would prefer Gunmetal or Bronze too.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
try tirerack.com and passwordjdm.com , There buddy club wheels are a good price, and there is always ebay

XxCaryxX

Yeah, i found some for $384 from some place called wheelsnext.com

Havent tried pwjdm yet. gonna check.

thanks