What head gasket should I get?

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
my head gasket is leaking at the corner under the VTEC soleniod. What head gasket should i go with. Would i get any performance out of a thinner head gasket by cometic since it will give me higher compression, and if i would go that way would i need some kind of tune of would i be able to fun my stock ecu...please let me know thanks

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Can't go wrong with OEM. You can get an aftermarket one if you want. And no you don't need a tune to run an aftermarket head gasket.

mirrorimg

Are you sure its the headgasket? Are you sure it is not the VTEC solenoid seal?

I suggest cleaning the location, and waiting for the leak to reappear, then check to see where its real location is.

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
Can't go wrong with OEM. You can get an aftermarket one if you want. And no you don't need a tune to run an aftermarket head gasket.
i wouldnt need a tune even if i would go with a thinner head gasket that would raise my compression? and if i do go with a thinner one what thickness do you think i should go with..please let me know thanks

Are you sure its the headgasket? Are you sure it is not the VTEC solenoid seal?

I suggest cleaning the location, and waiting for the leak to reappear, then check to see where its real location is.
yeah i did that i degreased my engine bay and it seeps through the corner of the head gasket.

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
okay so i went and ordered the Cometic .027 head gasket. my current compresssion is 10.6:1 what do you think it will boost it up to?