What is best tire size for traction for r16 rota slipstream

NinjaJDMB18c

Car is a 94 integra lowered on about 1.64" springs. What tire size should I use? I want best traction and am going to be buying Z rated tires. Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

NinjaJDMB18c

I'm not lowering it anymore. It's got eibach springs (1.64" length) and struts. It's an all motor build integra type swap JDM b18c. So it's going to have aftermarket stage 2 tuner skunk 2 cams, cam gears, spring valves kit, skunk2 IM, 68mm tb at most. Already has the normal intake, type r headers stock, exhaust running a demon/Neptune p28 ecu for tuning when fully done. So i guess just normal all motor stuff nothing major and no turbo.

NinjaJDMB18c

Dlo253. Where does it say on the rim if it's 16x7 or what it is. I bought the car with the rims 2 months ago so I don't know per say. Current tires on it are 205 45 r16

NinjaJDMB18c

And no I wasn't about to buy same tire size if a bigger size gave it better traction hence why i posted to this forum cuz there's so much knowledge.

dlo253

it should say on the back somewhere. I believe the slips in 16 only come in a 7" width, which 205/45/16 is optimal for. thats an 8.1" tire width already. dont recall if that is overall, or actual section width. But if they are 16x7, thats like the best tire option.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Tire size is one thing, you should look into the quality of the tread/design and composite of the rubber itself.

That's why there's so many tire companies.

Different compounds for different conditions

rubber hardness as well, different hardnesses react differently when fully warmed up, different results.

NinjaJDMB18c

Okay. So 205 45 r16 it is then. Thank u all for ur comments. Def going to research the thread design too. Good ideas guys :)

dlo253

Yeah, that is the next step since we narrowed down the size, lol...
Check out our tire review thread for some good reviews of various tires.

trolleyassassin

almost famous
I got 205 50 r16 on my rota subzero"16x7 and I hate em there too meaty and makes my teg look all high lol 45's are perfect for 16" wheels

cpeehler7

Banned
I've heard a lot of good about the g-Force Sport COMP-2, if you're looking for a decent performance summer tire. If you're looking for tires for a strictly autocross car, these probably aren't the ones. As a good daily driver, it's rated highly and is affordable. Depends on what you're doing though.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport+COMP-2&sidewall=Blackwall&autoMake=Acura&autoYear=1998&autoModel=Integra GS-R&autoModClar=&partnum=045WR6GFSPC2&tab=Sizes

NinjaJDMB18c

DD 2kdb7. I decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE760's. The bfgoodrich geforce sport 2 are not in stock.