What is Honda's next move towards the future

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
correct me if im wrong. im pretty sure honda was the first to use variable valve timing right? well nowadays you see basically ever car has vvt. what is hondas next move to get ahead of the pack again? what do you guys think

speedin

The Transporter
they do have a unique turbo on the new suv thingy. but i hope it arises on the new nsx

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Honda didn't come up with the idea of VVT, but it was the first to perfect it to the point they could utilize it in a mass production vehicle before anyone else. First in the NSX, then in the G2 GSR.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
General Motors patented the first variable valve timing and lift or smart valve system in September of 1975. GM was interested in throttling the intake valves in order to reduce emissions. This was done by minimizing the amount of lift at low load to keep the intake velocity higher, thereby atomizing the intake charge. GM encountered problems running at very low lift, and abandoned the project.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_valve_timing

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
ok so honda wasnt the first but everyone has vvt now. so what sets acura/honda's from everyone else. im sure honda is the only one with intelligent vvt but we need to get out ahead again. turbos sound nice . but with acura ridding themself of the rsx and basically saying big brother tsx is now the "affordable" sports car, im sure honda will keep improving but acura is going to have to do something sweet in order to stay with the pack. i heard they want to come out with a tsx coupe. (then why would they get rid of the rsx?) it makes no sense. we need the rebirth of the type R baby!!!!!!!

97gsrjames

nexgenintegra said:
ok so honda wasnt the first but everyone has vvt now. so what sets acura/honda's from everyone else. im sure honda is the only one with intelligent vvt but we need to get out ahead again. turbos sound nice . but with acura ridding themself of the rsx and basically saying big brother tsx is now the "affordable" sports car, im sure honda will keep improving but acura is going to have to do something sweet in order to stay with the pack. i heard they want to come out with a tsx coupe. (then why would they get rid of the rsx?) it makes no sense. we need the rebirth of the type R baby!!!!!!!
they're coming out with the tsx coupe because they're getting rid of the rsx. the reason they got rid of the rsx is because it was the cheapest car they made, and acura is trying to move into the more expensive class of cars.

steelies_ftw

honda has actually forked over a lot of cash into diesel now adays and the whole economy car crap, i dont know about them making another sport sort of car, but heck only honda knows

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
BMW's Valvetronic owns all of the variable valve timing and variable lift systems now. The "unique turbo" that the RDX has isn't new. Mitsu has been building them for a while now. and you can guarantee the NSX will be N/A! but they promise that the next NSX will be as ground breaking and technologically advanced as it was when it originally debuted, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with

JustaSolVTEC

TegSox said:
Honda didn't come up with the idea of VVT, but it was the first to perfect it to the point they could utilize it in a mass production vehicle before anyone else. First in the NSX, then in the G2 GSR.
Civic SiRs had VTEC before the NSX

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
BMW's Valvetronic owns all of the variable valve timing and variable lift systems now. The "unique turbo" that the RDX has isn't new. Mitsu has been building them for a while now. and you can guarantee the NSX will be N/A! but they promise that the next NSX will be as ground breaking and technologically advanced as it was when it originally debuted, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with
lol, mabye it will be a all carbonfiber car. i have heard that they can use carbon/carbon (stronger than carbonfiber) to make car frames. that would be one light nsx