What is offset ??

Diegs

Well I'm planning on buying xxr 531's 15 inch this weekend, I was wondering what size tire I should get and if the +25 offset would ruin my ride ??? As in it won't rub on the fender ? I'm on type r springs right now , so my car isn't really low , I am probably thinking of buying coils and going a bit lower..

pinatigerdc4

No for him. He just said 15 inch with 25 offset without rubbing. Lol watch it be a 15x8 and he gets like 225 50 15.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Tons of info about offset on our forums and across the net already. Read for detailed info.

Heres two ways to look at it. Outside lines represent your rim width. inside line is where your hub mounts to the rim. Offset # is where the hub mounts to the rim in relation to the rim centerline, being 0. Its simple. The number is a measurement. Left is outside, right is inside.
|.|...| +
|..|..| 0
|...|.| -

This is to imagine how the rim looks more realistically because the hub never changes position.
...|.|...| + offset
..|..|..| +0 offset
.|...|.| - offset

Last edited:

Ganyon

Tons of info about offset on our forums and across the net already. Read for detailed info.

Heres two ways to look at it. Outside lines represent your rim width. inside line is where your hub mounts to the rim. Offset # is where the hub mounts to the rim in relation to the rim centerline, being 0. Its simple. The number is a measurement.
|.|...| +
|..|..| 0
|...|.| -

This is to imagine how the rim looks more realistically because the hub never changes position.
...|.|...| + offset
..|..|..| +0 offset
.|...|.| - offset
So if I'm reading this right, a positive offset provides more of an outside "lip". I guess thats what I'm trying to figure out. Lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I should have specified that. Left is out, right it inner.

"Lip" is a matter of rim design. There are plenty even with low offset that have no lip. However if a particular rim does have a lip, a wider or lower offset should produce more lip.