What is posi-track?

KaosTheory

DSMER
ok, my newly imported B-18 GS-R motor came with posi- track(dont know if spelled right) but thats what makes both wheel's spin instead of one, but a lsd (limited slip differentail) is basically the same thing, in means that they both alow both front wheel's to spin instead of one......whats the diff.........i know you all probly think im a crack head or something but i just wanted to know.
thanks. (Todd plz help) :rice:

speedin

The Transporter
i think posi-trac and lsd do just the opposite of what u said. i think if a wheel is spining it gives power to the other wheel. so if you burning out and both wheels are spinning then the lsd or posi-trac just picks one wheel. so only 1 wheel will spin. might be wrong but i think thats how it is

KaosTheory

DSMER
speedin said:
i think posi-trac and lsd do just the opposite of what u said. i think if a wheel is spining it gives power to the other wheel. so if you burning out and both wheels are spinning then the lsd or posi-trac just picks one wheel. so only 1 wheel will spin. might be wrong but i think thats how it is
no.Without posi-track on my old B-17 i could only spin 1 tire, but with my new B-18 with posi-track, i can spin both..........so i dont know.

Baldy201

A LSD will give power to both wheels, same thing with a posi-trac. LSD and posi-trac transmit power to the non-slipping wheel. There for they are the same thing. LSD=Posi -trac.

speedin

The Transporter
Baldy201 said:
A LSD will give power to both wheels, same thing with a posi-trac. LSD and posi-trac transmit power to the non-slipping wheel. There for they are the same thing. LSD=Posi -trac.
yea non-slipping wheel! so i was right the first time.and your 2 wheel sliping with posi-trac was a fluke of some sort

Baldy201

It is possible to have both wheels slip. The amount of power can be split 50/50 and if one starts slipping then the other gets more power. Then if that one starts slipping then you got both wheels slipping. It is possible to get 2 wheel slipping.

speedin

The Transporter
Baldy201 said:
It is possible to have both wheels slip. The amount of power can be split 50/50 and if one starts slipping then the other gets more power. Then if that one starts slipping then you got both wheels slipping. It is possible to get 2 wheel slipping.
but usually..........if one wheel starts first it will usually give it to the other wheel. and then lets say that wheel slips(getting power) starts to slip. then it would swich back and fourth wheel to wheel and this could happen fast enough to think 2 wheels were sliping

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
OMG ok ok. an LSD and posi are the same thing. both wheels spin no matter what of you have enough torque and you rev it high enough(every car can do this). we'll use the term LSD instead of posi because I'm pretty sure your B18C has a factory LSD. LSD's do what baldy said they do. when one wheel starts losing traction then power from the slipping wheel is transfered to the opposite wheel. if there is enough power(which there is on the B18C) then yes, both wheels will spin. it doesnt transfer so fast that it "feels" like both are spinning because the reality is that both ARE spinning. LSD's dont guarantee traction, they only give you better traction compared to a car not equipped with one. understand?

speedin

The Transporter
o, o well i stand corrected :hithead: :smackself but doesnt the lsd keep switching back between wheels when both are spinning? or does it just give up? :what:

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
yeah it will keep switching but just because power is shifted off one wheel, doesnt mean the wheel will stop slipping. especially if you have enough power which most motors do. really you would want both wheels spinning anyway not just one.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
posi traction is what the old muscle car guys call it. the new honda guys call it LSD (Limited Slip Differential).

so when you hear the guys saying they have a "posi" rear end, you know what they mean now.