what is the best way to build an automatic

Prozon

Kris
Building an automatic would be the same as building a manual, except that these transmissions are not made to handle a lot of power. You would drop a couple grand into building up the transmission to hold any power the motor makes.

That rebuild kit would be a good deal if it includes everything. (Seals, bearings, synchros, ect.) I never even thought of looking at Autozone when I was looking for one lol.

Prozon

Kris
Building an automatic would be the same as building a manual, except that these transmissions are not made to handle a lot of power. You would drop a couple grand into building up the transmission to hold any power the motor makes.

That rebuild kit would be a good deal if it includes everything. (Seals, bearings, synchros, ect.) I never even thought of looking at Autozone when I was looking for one lol.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
I had a crx auto and did a complete swap for under 300 bucks. Look wisely and go to a u-pick n pull junkyard its cheaper, than having it pulled already. Sometimes dont get me wrong..
Also if you can, go oem on rebuild kit. Might be expensive but worth it.
the salvage yards here got parts stolen so often that the employees are the only ones that can pull parts. But my best friends brother in law owns one so ill get a little deal threw him. Thats if he still has his tegs. last time I went up there he had 3 manual g2 tegs. Thats what I was want to do

MrDB1integra

honda greaser

haha me either it kinda just dawned on me. But I couldnt tell if they came with gears. I know they come with synchros thats it.

phatintegra

Banned
You really can't build an auto unless you willing to drop 5000+ on function 10 auto trans. But still auto can't handle it. Your just be wasting your money,trying to keep your teg reliable

Now I have a badass auto ;)
WTF is function 10? you mean Level 10.

I REALLY HATE MANUAL VS AUTO DEBATE. When this shit ever going to stop. If he want's to build an Auto. Let him and don't jump in here telling Manual is allot better and Auto this that.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Just make it look good. Everything is limited by the trans.

92_JDM

IMO you should build it as a DD and leave tracks for manuals. lol
like the previous reply, just build like every other 2nd generation
such as lower it, put some nice wheels and nice lighting.