What is the difference between a D16A1 an a D15A3

1g_CRX_Si

Hi all! I'm new to ClubIntegra. I don't actually own an "Integra". I have a 1st gen CRX Si that I'm about to put a D16A1 in. I know the A1 (86/87 Teg) browntop has a vacuum adv. dizzy, 113 HP, a 2-venturi TB & PG6 pistons. The A3? (88/89 Teg) blacktop has an electronic dizzy, 118 HP, single venture TB and PM7 pistons.

I did not know about the A3 until I found the thread on engine codes. I thought ALL 86-89 Tegs were A1s. I need to find out what the difference is in the block itself. I have an A1 block that had PM7 pistons in it. I just don't remember which head was on it. (I have both a brown AND black top.) Also, will the 88/89 tranny bolt-up to the A1 block?

Any info is appreciated

enoch723

88/89 black tops integras use the d16a1.. not the an a3. In other parts of the world (i.e. europe) They use the a6 brown top in 86/87 and the a6 black top in the 88/89. Along with that they use the d15a carb in some of them. I can keep going, but to sum it up, different engine codes usually mean different parts of the world.(mostly with the older pre-88 models)

block wise, there is nothing to find out. A d series is a d series. What matters is the bore size. Try checking out g1teg.org for some good info on the 86-89 integras, redpepperracing.com for 3g civics/ 1g-3g crx info, and join the vintage integra groupd on facebook and the repepperracing page