what is this box for?

mendoza

so i was trying to plug in 2 more dome lights in my car. i was trying to find a good place to put them and i looked under the steering wheel and saw this box was unplugged and saw the cable that goes inside, so i connected them together.

next thing i know an "alarm" is going off.... i put "alarm" bc i don't have an alarm, at least i wasn't told it had an alarm when i bought it, but the car was honking like it had one. the honking is weird too bc my honk doesn't work! its confusing ! im sure its OEM bc their was another box behind the bottom cover of the steering wheel and the looked alike, i know this box is to reset the CEL.

any ideas on what it is? do i need it? is their away to make the honking stop and have it pluged in?

Jabes

what year is your car? cause i think the 00-01 came with a built in alarm

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thats the brain for the maitnence required light. As you can see theres a button to press on it and its the button to disable the light when it comes on every 3xxx miles

Its made of ABS plastic

Your ABS units are in the engine bay next to the intake, all four hubs and on the passenger side rear pannel under the quarter pannel glass.

if you dont belive me check on how to disable your maitnence required light and its that box you press.

mjones73

thats the brain for the maitnence required light. As you can see theres a button to press on it and its the button to disable the light when it comes on every 3xxx miles

Its made of ABS plastic

Your ABS units are in the engine bay next to the intake, all four hubs and on the passenger side rear pannel under the quarter pannel glass.

if you dont belive me check on how to disable your maitnence required light and its that box you press.
He's referring to the box in the first pic then points out he knows the box in the other pics is the CEL box.

The box in the first pic is a factory alarm module.

You can see it referenced here in step 39 - http://www.heezyfosheezy.com/integra/int_security_keyless_01.pdf

mjones73

Not sure, from what I can tell, that particular one fits all 98-01's. It was an add on kit though.

mendoza

He's referring to the box in the first pic then points out he knows the box in the other pics is the CEL box.

The box in the first pic is a factory alarm module.

You can see it referenced here in step 39 - http://www.heezyfosheezy.com/integra/int_security_keyless_01.pdf
im pretty sure it is the alarm ... that cable thats coming out of the boix (right of the green conn) is a wireless antenna.

...also looking at the diagram that you provided, it has all the components that are mentions. LED, Disarm switch (which is shown on the 3rd picture)

would i have to get a transmiter from acura to make the honlking stop and make it usable?

PS: thanks alot for everyone that helped :D