what is this noise....

PioneerLS

http://youtu.be/6d6qRnDFb_M

I can't get my wheels off ATM and my wheel bearings don't seem to have any play. this noise is a grinding noise that increases with speed and grinds every rotation. when I brake sometimes it's amplified and really loud. most people with the dust cover seem to say it stops when they brake. so I'm not sure. ideas?

Bsweeney

i have the same exact noise im replacing the wheel bearings soon to see if thats it. some of the noise you hear when ur cars jacked up is the brake pads rubbing the rotor alittle bit.

PioneerLS

well it also happens when I'm driving or turning left sometimes and also when I'm braking it's loud.

Bsweeney

Does ur car shake when u brake? And if u turn left and it gets louder its ur right wheel bearing

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I'm thinking brake pads against the rotors. My car is making a similar noise and i found that it was the brake pad rubbing against the rotors. You might have to get new pads/ rotors. I haven't had time to fix this problem. If you find what the problem is let us know. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

99TegLs

^This^ definitely your brake pads, i had same problem mine was already starting to grind on the metal no pad left.
WTF duude. How did you not catch those sooner? You could have fused your brakes and done so serious damage!

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Also check your brake pad shims. I've had one fall off and get wedged between the caliper piston and the axle, making a grinding/screeching noise that was effected by braking.