what is this

fibe1s

not sure if this is the right place to post this but sorry was in a hurry. my car couldnt pass smog so i took it to the mechanic he told me it needed a cat to pass smog. i had a test pipe left it there. came back the next day and it passed smog and whatever. lifted up the car and saw this. is this a cat i paid 200 something for it let me know.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Cats are expensive. I don't really know what to tell you. It looks like it may be hi-flow. At least the welds looks pretty good.
$200 isn't all that bad when you factor in the labor costs. Hell isn't a replacement from Honda like 6-700?

enoch723

At worst its a basic cat.. I wouldnt worry about it. Most likely its a high flow, or some weird glasspack. Either way your not going to see a performance difference

Like drevan said too.. Its good welds, and you passed. He even put a skid shield on for you with good tacks. I would say you a good amount for a great job

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I remember the cat for my ex's Accord was retail at like $700 OEM, plus install

Prozon

Kris
It looks good and you passed smog. What's the problem? As others mentioned- you could have paid more for a cat. That's not a bad price actually.