what kind of head gasket?

Ksan

hey guys i just got a new b18b1 block and im putting everything new. im going to boost this b18b1 like mines, but i just wanted to know what kind of head gaskets out there our good. I heard cosmetic was probably only good for all motor. So i was looking towards Apexi, Greddy, Spoon, and HKS. I just wanted some feed back on which one i should get. Thanks

Ksan

true. well i want to get a good head gasket, arp head stud, and i dont know what kind of cams i want to get. I want a mild turbo cam, but i do not know how to read up on those. Thats all the money i can afford for now. i just want a pretty nice quick daily driver. As of right now all i have is a stock LS turbo, boosting at 13lbs. Any suggestions?

98lsvtecgsr

HKS is a good head gasket. I have 460whp and I am using a cometic head gasket and havent had any problems. When not doing a full build I have head that OEM headgaskets work great.

Last edited:

GSROWNSU

X2

google cometic heads on honda tech, everyone hates them
I had a cometic headgasket and popped it last summer and had weird engine temps with it on my car. Replaced it with an oem...no weird engine temps and solid as a rock. I know a lot of ppl use them and have no problems. But i was one of the ppl that did. I won't go back to them.

codeman_11901

yea but if he boosts it, what are OEM gaskets good for as far as pressures? im in the same situation and wondered because i am building an engine to handle around 23lbs of boost(not all the time, just when im feelin a little rowdy :D). when do the OEM gaskets explode? lol