What Looks Best: 15inch rims or 16's G3

j13

Keep It Clean
I'm looking for the perfect rims..I've yet to find some that just what I'm looking for...but still undecided on the sze! 15s or 16s!

Who thinks 17s are to big?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I prefer 15" rims but I also have 16" rims. I'll post pics of both at same ride height and you can descide what you prefer.

It all depends on ride height IMO, that's the key in pulling off 15",16" and even 17" rims

cyclotegra

I prefer 15's myself. It also depends on what size tire you run as well.

j13

Keep It Clean
Dude, add a poll. But as far as looks go. I'd have to say that 16" is better.
I created, edit my account setting, Post, take pictures, post pictures, take video, soon to post videos all from my cell phone :) but using my cell doesn't allow me to use 100% of the forum so I couldn't do a poll.. So 16s....yeah 16s do look great !

j13

Keep It Clean
I prefer 15" rims but I also have 16" rims. I'll post pics of both at same ride height and you can descide what you prefer.

It all depends on ride height IMO, that's the key in pulling off 15",16" and even 17" rims

Cool post pics!! Well I'm trying to know what looks best with Stock ride height..their is a...maybe...hmm..3" gap between the tire and the wheel well with stock 14" wheels.. I wanna close that gap as much as possible by using a bigger wheel yet not looking like a donk.

I prefer 15's myself. It also depends on what size tire you run as well.

I'm trying to shoot for a 45-50 series, width 205-215 Rear/195-205 Front..

I have seen people pull off 17" look but with extreme camber and flat out slammed...not my steez though.

Daybid

Dump or Die.

x2

definite no no on 17's for me

Surferman

id say 16inch would be most popular. you can add a inch or subtract. i have 15s. I didnt want bigger diameter to slow me down im already slow even though im not sure if it effects it that much lol.
cyclotegra:It also depends on what size tire you run as well.
x2

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
Bigger only means slower take offs driving on the streets. Bigger is faster when driving faster.

I've also heard bigger saves gas better than smaller wheels that rev the engine out more to get going...

Daybid

Dump or Die.
Bigger only means slower take offs driving on the streets. Bigger is faster when driving faster.

I've also heard bigger saves gas better than smaller wheels that rev the engine out more to get going...
not necessarily.. it more depends on the weight.. lighter rims = easier rotation vs heavier rims that take more power to rotate

j13

Keep It Clean
not necessarily.. it more depends on the weight.. lighter rims = easier rotation vs heavier rims that take more power to rotate
Yes that too, but a smaller wheel requires higher rpm to pick up speed

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
personal preference.

i like 15's or 16's on a coupe but would prefer 16's on a 4door for aftermarket rims. the only 15's that i actually do like on a 4 door is OEM wheels. LS meshies, fat 5's or blades.

rockadilla

thats right.
I have 17s and I effing <333 them (check my sig) but they don't allow me to go as low as I want so I'm looking for some 15s

heykosal

Angkorian
I think for 17's it really depends on the wheel design. I had 17" Hanabi's on my LS and loved the look.