What Mods Would You Do To A Da9

mr.import

Ok Gotcha Ima Right This Down,so If I Were To Cut My Springs It Should Be Ok.and Also Wheres A Good Place To Get Lip Kits.cuz I Checked Ebay But They Dont Have Any And When They Do Their Like 400 Bucks.and I Agree Im One Of Thouse Persons That Starts With The Outside And Works My In After.

DagoAcura92

I agree with getting an alarm. Find a reputable shop tho. If ur gonna cut ur springs I suggest u to cut half a circle (coil) at a time from the top, not the bottom. u will regret it if u cut too many coils "circles" at a time. I know that its time consuming, but its the best way if u don't know what kind of ride or drop u want

Last edited:

mr.import

DAGoAcura92 SO I DONT HAVE TO CUT ALLL THE SPRING OFF,I CAN JUST CUT LIL CIRCLES AT A TIME TILL I GET THE RIGHT HIGHT I WANT?

Cut springs on stock shocks leads to two things: a shit ride and blown shocks.

mr.import

So Can You Buy Lowering Springs And Put Them On Your Stock Shocks,im Looking To Drop It About 3 Inches

DagoAcura92

Every level of a spring is called a coil. Look at the top of ur spring where it begins, if u cut directly beneath it, u have cut a whole coil. If u cut the opposite side, u will have cut half a coil, which would look like a half circle. Cut half a coil to lower ur car, slowly. If u cut a whole level or coil at a time it gives it a big drop. I would really reccomend Lowering springs, but if u want to cut them this is the best way.

mr.import

Ok So If I Do Cut My Coils Just A Lil Till I Get The Hight I Want Will It Mess Up The Shock,err Blow It

mirrorimg

I dont agree with cut springs. You mess with the spring rate and the amount of compression the spring has. Do it right the first time, buy coilover or lowering springs.

If you want to drop it that much, you NEED struts made to handle that drop. Your stock struts will BLOW if you go that low.

mr.import

Mirrorimg- I Want My Car More Err Less Lowered Like The Way Your Green Teg Is On Your Signiture.maybe Just About An Inch Higher.wat Do You Recomend,just Trying To Get Different Peoples Oppinion Before I Make A Decision

THE STIG

THE STIG
I want the sleeper effect. My paint is faded in places, some pine sap stuck on the hood (north idaho brothas) few rust spots THOSE I WANT TO CAP otherwise i want this car to look neglected, so some rich asshole in a Porsche rolls up and runs his mouth while i run my 1/4 mile. (after the build of course) Everything is stock, lights and the such, and even removed stock rear wing. Cut the antenna down halfway, she is looking redneck (i'm not redneck just a little country) i want her rough but tough like the great northwest. Had some really cool cosmetic ideas but those will have to come after an alarm system, kill switch, and a garage to lock her up in. I have been envisioning a black, grey, and orange digital camo wrap with solid black hood, and a low spoiler to give it a stealth fighter look (when i got the thing i looked at her face and all i could see was a predator, like a shark) something similar to this

dlo253

From the sound of it, I wouldn't even waste money on an alarm. It ain't getting stolen. :D