what motor do i have...NOOB

98sierra

ok, before i ask my question i AM very machanicly inclined and i have worked on cars all my life, just never 4 bangers for a hobby so this stuff is all new to me! and i did search btw..

my engine code on the side of my block says "B18R" is this the B18c type R? but if it is it is supposed to be Vtec.. mine is not vtec but its turbo.. if that is the b18c type R then how do i identify the head i have on there?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I believe that a B18R is the JDM Spec Type R motor...the B18C5 is the USDM Engine.

There should be a series of like 4 numbers stamped on the front of the head..try and get those and I'll let you know.

obama'swhiteson

yes above your exhaust ports there is a series of numbers in circle/dials and the first circle/dial should be the year of your HEAD

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ok, before i ask my question i AM very machanicly inclined and i have worked on cars all my life, just never 4 bangers for a hobby so this stuff is all new to me! and i did search btw..

my engine code on the side of my block says "B18R" is this the B18c type R? but if it is it is supposed to be Vtec.. mine is not vtec but its turbo.. if that is the b18c type R then how do i identify the head i have on there?
There is no B18R. The USDM Type R is a B18C5. The JDM Type R is just B18C. If it is not VTEC, then it probably says B18B1

Look closer, it's written on the side of the block by where the transmission bellhousing mates to it.

98sierra

ok first off i already said its not Vtec, im new to hinda stuff not life in general. second i beleive i can read pretty well. it says B18R. i dont think the head is the factory head for the block

lor_db8

i never heard of B18R... google it and you'll come up with nothing.. so B18R does not exist..

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ok first off i already said its not Vtec, im new to hinda stuff not life in general. second i beleive i can read pretty well. it says B18R. i dont think the head is the factory head for the block
I question you're reading because there is no such thing as a Honda B18R. There are only B18A, B18B and B18C variations.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
First off, people on here dont respond well to stupid sarcastic comments on here, got a bad attitude? piss off, this is a no drama site. We are here to help you. Would you mind taking a picture please? B18B1 motors are non vtec, so it's most likely that.

98sierra

ok well i just went out to look and take a picture for yall but i took a rag and cleaned it so it would be a clear picture and now it says B18P????? it looks like something has been rubbing the motor for a while.. but theres nothing there.. so maybe it is a B18B1.. any other ways to tell? because it says "P" clear as day now that its cleaner.. so is this like a ebay block lol

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
What's the code on the head? how many plugs are on the distributor? What's your cars vin number?