What Motor Oil Do You Guys Use? And What Gas do you put in your car?

reconxtru

DC5!
96GSR said:
what motor oil do you guys use? what is a good motor oil? what gas do you guys with GSR's fill up with chevron,shell,76, etc....or do you got to no name gas station also?
since you live in NOr Cal...if you have a Costco around your place that sales Gas, then get it there, i get gas from Costco (Costco Gasoline) at El Camino Real...

96GSR

i would get gas from costco if i had one here..but oh well i have a sams club here thats has gas they are pretty much the same thing as costco..but they are going to build a costco here i heard...is mobil 1 synthetic worth the price...doesnt is cost around $ 4.00 a quart?

PogKai

B20VTEC
96GSR said:
off topic...

this is what im trying to put in my signature but it wont fit...any idea why other than it being to long??? ive seen some other ci members with pretty much same size part list i do..

96 B16c1 GSR engine with GSR CPU
Jackson Racing Supercharger
Jackson Racing Stage 1 Boost Upgrade
Comptech 4-2-1 tig welded header
Comptech Sport Tuned Exhaust System
Jackson Racing High Flow Catalytic Converter
ACT Clutch Set Clutch Assemblies
Comptech Sport Aluminum Flywheels
AEM Tru Power Underdrive Pulley Kit
B&M Pro Edge Short Shifter
Ground Control Adjustable Spring's
Tokico Illumina Adjustable Strut's
DC Sports Upper Rear Strut Bars
Neuspeed Lower Rear Strut Tie Bars
Neuspeed Front Strut Tie Bars
Mugan Racing Seats
17 inch K-1 Rims
try abreviating some.. like JR S/C for Jackson racing super charger

siscoke

using mobile 0W40 here its always been in my TYPE R and the owner said it was better for the car for high performance (hes a mechanic) so im keeping this one till someone tells me (with a good argument it aint )

greetz sis

Chuckie Finster

siscoke said:
using mobile 0W40 here its always been in my TYPE R and the owner said it was better for the car for high performance (hes a mechanic) so im keeping this one till someone tells me (with a good argument it aint )

greetz sis

:shocked2: 0W 10?!

Could you go back and ask him WHY he would recommend you use such a large spread in oil weight and then WHY he believes that would be "better" for high performance?

DownShift96GSR

I fill up with 91 octane, which is the highest here, from Shell. the V-Power gasoline.

I use 10W30 Royal Purple oil. $5 a quart.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Eviloliv3 said:
or not putting it in your sig in the first place. this is off topic anyway
I agree that kinda thing belongs in the member rides area.

Oil: Mobil
Gas: Depends on the day.

JOEY

DownShift96GSR said:
I fill up with 91 octane, which is the highest here, from Shell. the V-Power gasoline.

Royal Purple sucks in turbo cars. just a heads up for everyone. That stuff would burn real quick.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
DownShift96GSR said:

Thats your highest?? I can find 93 and 94 easily here. Some places you can get 110, but its a little pricey.

DownShift96GSR

Ominous G2 said:
Thats your highest?? I can find 93 and 94 easily here. Some places you can get 110, but its a little pricey.
Dude, I live in New Mexico. There is one place you can get race gas, 110 or 112, but other than that, 91 is the highest I can find. If they had 93 or 94, bet your ass that's what my car would take.

Royal Purple oil works pretty good all motor, I haven't had any complaints yet.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Just curious as to what kinda oild filters you guys use.

I usually get Fram, but sometimes get the Genuine Honda ones.

PogKai

B20VTEC
Ominous G2 said:
Just curious as to what kinda oild filters you guys use.

I usually get Fram, but sometimes get the Genuine Honda ones.
same here, when I can't get the OEM one, then Fram will do.

2"teg

i am a big fan of mobile 1 synthetic, i think it is 10w30 with a mobile 1 oil filter. that is all that goes in my car, since i bought it. I was putting 91 octane up until i came to realize that it was doing anything other than letting me go longer on a tank. Usually my oil lasts more than 5k miles and i've never burnr oil so that is cool.