what RPM do you get in to first gear at?

jhh3000

Hey guys, new stick shift driver here... Have a 2000 GS, not type R.

How much gas do you give to get in to first? I've been hitting 2500 rpm when getting off of the line straight, and some times even above 3000 when doing a hill start... is this normal? Am I a noob, and just wearing down my clutch?

jznsn2u

Hey guys, new stick shift driver here... Have a 2000 GS, not type R.

How much gas do you give to get in to first? I've been hitting 2500 rpm when getting off of the line straight, and some times even above 3000 when doing a hill start... is this normal? Am I a noob, and just wearing down my clutch?
Welcome to Club Integra. The way you're currently driving causes your clutch to wear out faster. Level out your gas and clutch.

Merry Christmas

Joshmmc

When I take off while idling at 1100 RPM, I'm off the clutch at no more than 1400-1500. Just practice smoothing out your quicker clutch releases. You may be using too much gas as well. It doesn't take much. Our cars have just about enough torque to take off on flat ground without any gas added.

01FTW

Start letting slowly off the clutch and and giving her gas at the same time. By the time you hit 2K your clutch should be fully engaged and your foot off it.

Prozon

Kris
It's just a matter of learning where the sweet spot is at. Just let your clutch out slowly and give it a little gas as you do. I take off much lower rpm's then most of you, unless i'm trying to get up to speed fast lol.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Seat positioning has a lot to do with it also maybe your sitting too close to the pedals.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
I normally go to 1,500 or 2k (on a hill)rpm. Learning to use the e-brake start method when on a hill can really help eliminating rollback and not revving to high.

96GSRteg

Tyler
Its just gonna take practice getting used to the friction point. keep up the practice and you'll figure it out in no time.

01FTW

You know most people say that when learning to drive stick the hardest part is getting into first gear. For me however the most difficult thing to master was shifting from first to second smoothly (especially at higher RPM).

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
For the most part i skip half of my gears. When I dont fully stop (which is normally) i just go to second and not first. then to 4th and 5th if needed. Saves your clutch.

Prozon

Kris
For the most part i skip half of my gears. When I dont fully stop (which is normally) i just go to second and not first. then to 4th and 5th if needed. Saves your clutch.
In my teg I usually start out in second, first gear is really short lol. Then just jump to fourth cause my third gear synchros are going out lol.