What RPM launch @ 1/4 mile?

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Just curious what you guys launch at for the 1/4 mile. Ive raced a couple of times and have kept it at 3k but im thinking next time to try 4 in my RS just cause my launches dont seem that great.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
There is no set in stone answer for this. I launched at 7k Wednesday night on my slicks and pulled 1.9 60fts. You launch at 7k rpms and your gonna spin like all get out on street tires lol. Best way to figure out what works for you is trial and error. Play around with tire pressure and different rpms until you find the sweet spot for your paticular car. What are your current 60ft times, what size tire and what tire pressure?

Jabes

last time i was at the track the other week i launched it at 3500 with my tires at 20psi and it seemed to grip pretty good

j13

Keep It Clean
yep, all depends on setup and preference. its kinda like asking "what food taste the best?" it all depends on the person holding the fork.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i usually launch at 4-4.5. powershift my way to the finish line :)

people think i have a tiptronic/sequential tranny ;)

yeah you beat on the clutch/tranny but then you beat that fag that doesnt know how to shift :rolf:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
It might help the OP if people let him know what their setup was. Like I said earlier, what works for 1 isn't always going to work for the other

j13

Keep It Clean
i usually launch at 4-4.5. powershift my way to the finish line :)

people think i have a tiptronic/sequential tranny ;)

yeah you beat on the clutch/tranny but then you beat that fag that doesnt know how to shift :rolf:
I use to shift like that on my 05 Ninja, never thought it was safe for cars..I guess so!

Kevin A. Parra

Early 90's Honda Guy
IMO Save your clutch. I don't even launch just take off from a standing start the .1 second isn't worth a $200 clutch especially when your making anything slower than 13.9 sec 1/4 mile. Flame suit ON!

Last edited:

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Sorry guys ive been busy. Well yeah its a stock clutch with new tires. Will deflating them to like 20 psi make them not spin as much? I tried at like 3200 the other night and i feel like i need to get more wheel spin to jump my mph up to go faster.

But if you launch like normal as the guy said above me, you dont go faster do you? Gotta get the rpms up first before you get the power i believe.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Just looked at my sheets and ive been hitting the 60' from 2.4 to 2.6 seconds. Idk if thats good or not..

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
2.4-2.6 is not a good 60ft, get those down to 2.0-2.2 on street tires and you'll pick up time on the big end of the track. Think about it if you hit a 2.0, thats .6 off your 1/4 mile time instantly. You don't want a whole lot of wheel spin, you want it to hook and go

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Testing is the only way to figure out what is going to work for your car. Play around with different rpm's and tire pressures, find the sweet spot and stick with that.