What short ram brand

96integraSE

hey
i have a 96 integra special edition...and i was looking to put a short ram intake on it, but im not sure which brand to go with..i was leaning toward AEM, but the fujita sri sounds nice too...any suggestions on which brand to choose?

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
is the car completely stock? if so...get a exhaust and header.

suspension mods such as springs and new shocks are also a option

96integraSE

yeah the car is completely stock...i just bought it about a week ago...i looked at some exhausts not to long ago...i remember liking the greddy evo2 and i believe a magnaflow

and as for headers..i hadnt even looked at them so im clueless there, but thanks

96integraSE

and JDMxDB8..do you know anyone who has a fujita because i heard both the AEM and fujita and the fujita i think sounds better

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
My vote goes to the AEM SRI. Most cheap eBay intakes come with just piping and a basic filter. I prefer how the AEM bolts down at the intake manifold AND by the ABS. This makes it nice and snug and prevents it from ever shifting around.

Also pending on what one you buy....the filters will sometimes be junk. AEM's filters do a fantastic job filtering out literally everything and require minimal cleaning (without oiling such as the K&N). Some of the no-namers sold on eBay come with paper filters and other lousy materials that work no better than the OEM paper filter. They get dirty quickly, restrict airflow, and become a nuisance to maintain.

Another thing you'll want to watch out for, is to make sure you get an SRI with a knob to reconnect your PCV . If you buy a cheaper intake, they sometimes do not have these and you'd have to install a breather filter on the valve cover. This results in less pressure in the crank. The consequence of this is you get more positive blow-by from the combustion chamber past the piston rings and into the crankcase. More blow-by means you will have less cylinder pressure. Less cylinder pressure means the burn is slower and less complete. This results in more emissions and less power. So do yourself a favor and buy a good intake that allows you to hook the PCV back up.

And as for exhausts:
1) Integras have a header...not "headers." The unit as a whole is called the header...each individual pipe is not the header, therefor it is not called "headers."

2) You should really plan out your exhaust system in full before spending money on parts. You want to build a system that has the same diameter piping to prevent bottlenecks (air running from a larger pipe into a smaller pipe welded/bolted to it) which ruin airflow.

3) Greddy Evo2 is a pretty popular choice. Its one of the deeper sounding exhausts and the design is pretty nice.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've had only AEM.

I have to agree with nighthawk. Of course piping is piping, the filter is where the money is at. But the AEM piping has the correct spots so it can be bolted down secure. This and the filter is probably the biggest difference between AEM/Injecn/etc and eBay ones (and of course the price).

If it was me, look into a used SRI. Just get a new filter or the AEM/K&N filter cleaner. BTW...I'm selling a grey AEM SRI with a K&N filter for cheap. Do you have ABS?

typefilipino

do you drive a fast car?
true piping is piping but I have an AEM Short Ram intake, for headers id prefer the Hytechs, for exhaust system, i have a Apexi n1 catback exhaust.. good ones are also hks high power or check out the buddy clubs.. i also have a Integra SE :)