What should be done next??

DownShift96GSR

Alright ya'll, I'm throwing in some PR3 (USDM B16A) pistons into my GSR motor. With these pistons my compression ratio is supposed to jump from a 10:1 to a 11.4:1. Exactly what should be the next thing I upgrade in my engine to really feel the power?

Dsanchez16

Venom Intake manifold, Skunk 2 stage III cams.

The intake manifold from venom is 700, I think skunk 2 makes one for around 250.
Stage III cams cost an arm and a leg.

Baldy201

By the looks of it you are going to stay NA. If that is true, DONT get the venom IM, you will lose power. the runners are too small to be of any use for your powerband. Those IM are used for turbo cars or even N20. Skunk2 Im are one of the better ones for NA cars. there are a couple more IM used for NA cars but I cant remember the names right off the top of my head. Cams are a good up grade for the price. I suggest looking at diffrent cams and looks at specs and what they can do for your engine.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Baldy201 said:
there are a couple more IM used for NA cars but I cant remember the names right off the top of my head.
AEBS. its basically the same thing as a ITR manifold, just like the skunk 2 is. Cams are the best bang for the buck you can do to an engine (besides nitrous which isnt always safe). if you figure for a LS they cost roughly 400, and you get anywhere from 10-30whp from it, thats nearly 10 bucks per horsepower..... thats really good....

anyways, yeah, get some good cams. research everything about cams that you can. i suggest going to www.team-integra.net and reading up on the articles about engines, itll give you an idea of what to look for when choosing cams and all the other parts to your engine

hyper98gsr

oh!! you'd better do the valvetrain with st3 cams!!

for fuel i would keep your gsr pump and get a b&m or aem fpr with a guage. you can upgrade the injectors to preludes if you want but the gsr injectors and pump are supposed to be sufficient up until about 300hp.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
if you get any cams, find out what the valvetrain that best works with the cams is. its a bad idea to use Stage 3 cams with stock springs... can you say "coil bind ....valve to piston contact"? :mrgreen:

Baldy201

Yes a valvetrain upgrade is a must for stage 3 cams. Also you may need to up your compression if you get too wild of cam shafts, so be carefull at what you buy. I have stage 2 cams in my LS and I had to up grade the Valvetrain, so yea account for that too.

DownShift96GSR

Yeah I figured go with Skunk2 Stage 2 or 3 camshafts and valve train with standard size high compression valves. What about throwing a supercharger on it? Is 11.4:1 compression too high? What's the highest compression I could use with a supercharger?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
well they use SCs on type Rs which have 11:1, but im not sure if i would do it on anything that wasnt a type r (meaning a GSR built up with different than stock stuff) but im sure its dooable

hyper98gsr

yea. im ot too sure about forced induction either, but i am pro (either/or). meaning either all motor build up or f/i build up. they are two completely different builds so i doubt a blower would work too long with that kind of compression. but dont quote me.

btw: you are smart to ask a lot of questions before "digging in." i wish i would have done that too.
6 honda/acuras and 10 motors later :)

DownShift96GSR

Damn Hyper, 10 motors? That's a lot of cash. It makes sense to be able to supercharge it. I mean with the JDM type R and the S2000 running an 11.1:1 c/r with a s/c. I like to do my research before turning in my report, you know what I mean? :cool:

hyper98gsr

yea. lots of cash. i would be a rich bastard if i owned an unfixerupable car like an 84 sentra or something.