What should I do with my Ls

iLLGATO787

Have a 97 ls non vtec that is pretty much all stock aside from an intake. Everybody tells me that I should get headers and exhaust. But what after that ? Just trying to eventuallhy push it over the 200-220hp range without forced induction.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Honestly, I thought about building up my teg to be an NA screamer.. Destroke, raise the rev limiter to like 8-8.5k, ITBs, all that fun stuff.. But forced induction is just so much more gain for for the work you put in.

Plus, who doesn't want to hear a duck call BOV when you go pass people on the highway? :D

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk 2

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Rescearch is key here. Check out others build threads, there's plenty of all motor builds. For 200 whp you're going to need cams, cam gears, pistons just to name a few major ones and of course a good tune.

Sp3aK

And VTECCCCCCC!!!!!

Find a simple turbo kit and win, that's the real answer.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
he wants 200whp NA

OP i suggest looking into a b20vtec or ls vtec conversion. Or, a gsr swap. there are plenty of cams that will get you to the 200whp mark.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
You could build your motor to 200hp but it would be cheaper and more efficient to swap it.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Not easy without the deep pockets.

The op needs to first understand what it takes to make power and that power costs a lot of money. Given what he asked i know he doesnt have that understanding. Starting with 140hp and trying to reach 220-230hp is a massive amount of ground to make up. Example; it can cost you 1000-2000 just to make 20whp.

Last edited: