What should i do?

drizzteg

I currently have a 2001 integra LS, i am severely underbudgeted right now, but i'm trying to figure out what i should plan on doing in the future to make it as good as possible. i plan on eventually boosting it, but thats a good ways into the future. but i'd like to hear some ideas to simply make it a more powerful daily driver

jackacc

Just curious, what kind of whp can someone with an LS expect to put down with bolt on I/H/E, cams and a tune?

I have an LS and even though it is not the fastest car I have owned, I love driving it. I would love to get some more oomph out of it but I don't plan to boost or LS/Vtec or anything. I always wondered how much power one really gains from bolt ons and cams.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah i forget the exact numbers but it was ~190 non vtec, cams pistons port and polish hondatas200 it had alot of stuff man...beat it once though at the track...his shift linkage fell out...its a fast car man

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
To get even close to 200whp, you'll need lots of money. If it was me, I'd just boost it.

mirrorimg

I currently have a 2001 integra LS, i am severely underbudgeted right now, but i'm trying to figure out what i should plan on doing in the future to make it as good as possible. i plan on eventually boosting it, but thats a good ways into the future. but i'd like to hear some ideas to simply make it a more powerful daily driver
If you plan on boosting it, then do some research on what is compatible. Some bolt ons will not work with a turbo setup because it needs different equipment. This includes the header and intake manifold. It would be a waste to upgrade these items only to then find them useless when you do decide to turbo.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If you plan on boosting it, then do some research on what is compatible. Some bolt ons will not work with a turbo setup because it needs different equipment. This includes the header and intake manifold. It would be a waste to upgrade these items only to then find them useless when you do decide to turbo.
Correct. If you're planning to boost it, then just wait until you have the right funds to do the mods. For example, getting an I/H/E right now would be a waste of money. Just be patient. Waiting will reward you in the long run. :thumbs up

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
i think you can go ahead and spend a lil money on an intake atleast to let it rev a lil easier and atleast hear something ba. untill you decide to boost. and a short shifter is always a good investment if you want to feel faster. cant beat it at 60 bucks or so brand new for a name brand one. i got my b&m shitfter for like 73 with shipping. there is alwyas weight reduction thats freeeeeee unless you need your back seats