What should my next mod be, Help needed!

Mrbright10

Hey guys i have a 92 Acura integra RS and a bunch of money saved up, i currently have intake and exhaust already installed, i really want to beef up my engine any suggestions on what i should mod?

JGvtec

Depending on how much money you want to drop. You could do anything if your pockets are deep enough.

Are you going to daily it?

ryanDC

well if you want beef, go turbo

Mrbright10

alright guys thank you so much i appreciate the feedbacks = ) so is it just as easy as buyin a full turbo kit and have it installed by a shop or is there more to it than just that?

JGvtec

I would say you re search a bit more before doing this. You seem to know nothing about them. Why then put it on your car? Your just wishing for something to go wrong. You wont know how to fix it.

jdean41

Yeah a agree with ^. Your gonna wanna research all the effects of having a turbo first, and build your knowledge a bit. Your gonna have to do some engine building. Id go all motor, but im an n/a kinda guy. I dont care for turbos that much especially not on FWD cars.

SnD3

I am going turbo here in the near future, after I build up my engine. I don't suggest you do it, unless you have just freshly rebuilt the motor. The only reason I say this, is the amount of pressure will drive your engine to blow up, and cause more issues! And after that rebuild, I suggest you put a few thousand miles on it first, at least an oil change, before you do it! Just to give the new seals and gaskets time to soak up some clean oil! This will help them last longer, and save you time and money in the future!

Trust me, been there! lol I build up my 83 VW rabbit GTI with a turbo, and blew the head gasket because of not rebuilding the motor, and also not priming up all the gaskets after they were new, on the second time around... I did it twice, and I was a stupid kid back then! lol I learned from my mistakes, did the research, and figured out what I did wrong. After 2 failures, I went ahead, and did it a third time, payed attention, and did what I found in my research. With the turbo, I went from 108hp, to a little over 160hp, with a stock turbo diesel turbo, from an 85 rabbit. Nothing to drool over, but it was improvement.

I am rattling now, anyhow, do your research, get the tools, and do the work yourself. Save some cash, and maybe you will be able to pay off the cops when your turbo is whistling too loud, or you break a speed law, and get an infraction on your license! lol Been there with the whistle! ;)

93DATEG

definitly build up your motor first. id suggest redoing all of your fuel system. because you really dont want fuel lag. but make sure you do you top-end and bottom-end of your motor before you drop that turbo in there