what size rim is best 17'' or 16''

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
got a 98 gsr daily driver no serious mods as of now. just wondering what would be a good size wheel for the integra. iI heard that 17's will rub, but im not sure if 16's will satisfy my exterior look. just wondering if anyone had any pics of integras with 16'' and 17'' wheels so i could compare and see the differences for myself.

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
thanks for the pic. i noticed the car has a nice size gap between the wheel and fender. are you using stock srings?

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
check out my pics of my teg. i have that car with 17s and a civic with 17s. the civic does rub but it has big tires on it. it only rubs on like a high speed bump and deep deep corners. they do look sexy tho

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
i checked out your pics hulkman38 i like those wheels. when i got my gsr it came with 17's on it already and there was no fender gap at all like the top of the wheel was almost flush with the fender so i think i might jump down to a 16 but i just really cant make a descion for the life of me

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
thanks ive still got stock springs and shocks but imma lower it soon to delete that gap. i cant slam it cause id never get up my driveway. the civic has no gap and stock suspension but rubs a lol. i had the civic wheels and tires on my accord and they looked really really good and it didnt rub tho. either 16s or 17s will look great with the right tire combo.

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
thanks for the input i think i will decide to go with 17's for now and if the mods get really serios maybe 16" or 15"

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
one last thing to concider is smaller wheel and tire combo=acceleration and bigger=top speed. although the diff in a 16 and 17 is prob unnoticeable

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Generally, 16's will be the better choice from a performance standpoint. They're generally lighter and their center of gravity is closer to the center than a 17, which means it taks less power from the engine to get them turning - power the engine can use for actual acceleration instead. Lighter wheels also help make braking distances shorter. And buying tires for 16's is less expensive than buying tires for 17's, heh.
One good thing about 17's is they will provide a bit smoother ride vs. 16's at highway speeds.

hollowfox

i got 17 n they did rub.. butt theres a lip u can bend on the inside with a metal bat n ur rubbing will be gone just like that! i got 17" tenzo shu 10 there mad sexy there the pretty much the heavier version the the shumachers