what speaker sizes in my car?

rexpepper123

wondering if anyone knows the speaker size of the front and rear speakers? thanks alot guys!! and ladies ;)

BoostinTEG

Im positive the front ones are 6.5" but the rear speakers depend on the year. what year is it?

WAR 178

Premium User
Ive used 6.5 front and rear!!!! easy to find in stores and install on gen 3 teggys...good luck

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Courtesy TI:

Speakers are the same size front and rear for a coupe..I remember when I replaced them on my old GS..

Four door's rears are 6x9..

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
Bump, used the search option and found this 4 pages later. Don't ya wish more people would use the search option?

Anyway.. Can anyone tell me how to get to the rear speakers before I try myself and possibly f*ck something up?

96GSRteg

Tyler
hm. well i havent taken my rear ones out but i am about to soon. I think to get those panels off, you have to start in the trunk and pop them out and probably take out the back seats. they pull out with a little force, but you shouldnt break anything. If you get stuck somewhere, its probably a bolt or a screw you are missing, so you have to think it through.

EDIT: aside from that, you unscrew the speakers, pull off the plug, crimp on some quick disconnects and connect them to your speakers. make sure you have proper clearance before putting the panels back on too. when i did my front speakers i had to custom fabricate the brackets because the supplied brackets wouldnt work.

Army74D

gtavila_
hm. well i havent taken my rear ones out but i am about to soon. I think to get those panels off, you have to start in the trunk and pop them out and probably take out the back seats. they pull out with a little force, but you shouldnt break anything. If you get stuck somewhere, its probably a bolt or a screw you are missing, so you have to think it through.

EDIT: aside from that, you unscrew the speakers, pull off the plug, crimp on some quick disconnects and connect them to your speakers. make sure you have proper clearance before putting the panels back on too. when i did my front speakers i had to custom fabricate the brackets because the supplied brackets wouldnt work.
Yeah, with the front speakers.. You pretty much have to take off the whole door panel just get to the screws. Taking off the door panel is no problem, but getting it back on is a b*tch sometimes.
I'll get to the rear ones sometime this week. My car still has the original speakers.. The guy I bought it off of didn't change a thing on the car. :D

96GSRteg

Tyler
Yeah, with the front speakers.. You pretty much have to take off the whole door panel just get to the screws. Taking off the door panel is no problem, but getting it back on is a b*tch sometimes.
I'll get to the rear ones sometime this week. My car still has the original speakers.. The guy I bought it off of didn't change a thing on the car. :D
yeah, the backs are gonna be tricky. my fronts were terrible and sounded tingy almost, so i replaced them quickly. They are still being run off the stock stereo so they arent being used to their potential, but still a great decision. The same will be true with the rears.

rpmbxdj

97 DC2
i believe on the Coupe the rears are 6 1/2" the doors are 5 1/4" stupid crutchfield ppl told me that all of em were 5 1/4"..lol Luckily I was able to fit the 5 1/4 on the rear deck but now theres a small gap. I think im a put em in the front and get the 6 1/2" for the rear anyways :)

SOMD_GSR_STi

Flatout Performance
I have Polks from my old car, same size so Im thinking about installing on the teg. Def needs it too cuz im used to great sounding cars (BOSE audio in my diesel and impala)

integra2

i took my rear speakers out a million times. its super easy. get a flathead and pop the outline of the back speaker out.
it thats easy

rexpepper123

yeah this was easy i had got some kenwood 6.5 for the rear an moved the old factory ones to the doors for now. im waiting on some jl components for the front im going to be ordering on friday.