What Suspension Setups are you on?

00DC2TW

He may have had a set of stock shocks last a while on lowering springs, but I guarantee they didn't have the ride quality of a proper set up. Maybe I'm just too picky about how my car rides.
I know exactly the ride your talking about, A lot of people experience it with the Skunk2 springs, the eibach's and other no namers like neuspeed etc. But teins have a stock feel with a little drop, a lot of the other lowering springs suck ass and bounce all over the place.

The only reason I didn't get coil overs, is because I have a friend with a 94 LS that is putting his car back to stock, and he gave me the tein springs, with his OEM shocks that have 200,000+ miles on them to me for free. Still not blown

If I was going for a ride that was for the track I wouldn't get S-Tech's, because the S stands for Style, so obviously it's not going to handle like a track setup. And my civic and integra both with S-Tech's ride very similar to stock ride quality. They dont have the typical "honda bounce", but if you go flying over speed bumps like a idiot, yeah your gonna bottom out. Yes people should buy aftermarket shocks if they want it to handle better, or even coil overs, but it's not like your car is going to fall apart if you don't have aftermarket shocks.

Last edited:

DarkDB1

We actually just lowered a friends car Tuesday with the s tech's, stock STRUTS, no issues. Other people I know, plus my own experience with that setup, says its fine, and I'm not an emo you f***in Ass pirate, I know about your under the radar habits. And I'm not a f***in kid, I'm 22 on Tuesday.....a year younger than you....I'm not a band "wagoner", I put in my 2cents when I have an opinion. I've been around cars my whole life, I'm not worried about how long you've been on a site. Everyone knows my plans with my teg, at least the people who's opinion I care about. I'd highly recommend dropping the subject, you're on the border of sounding like an idiot. You read 5+ sites for their opinions, instead of first hand experience. You sound like the band wagoner. I am against bastardizing multiple generations together, but I also have a differing opinion from other people. And there will be haters, take our conversation for example. I think before I give advice to people instead of just being an Ass like you. Hence why people respect what I say. Last person I argued with ended up +1 repping me after we were both adult enough to realize we were being silly. So I'll be the adult and apologize for being rude, I'd like to keep the love on this site instead of a high school atmosphere. Despite whatever your response is to this, I'll continue to provide you and anyone else with my best FIRSTHAND experience and advice. I would never steer someone wrong intentionally cuz I too look for advise from people who know certain things I may not. And please don't ever bring religious subjects as a weapon to the table, that's just wrong. Period.
/rant.
Tuesday was less then a week ago, Normally you don't find any immediate problems but the life of the shocks will be more prone to stress and weaken over time... I thought you to be someone else from that picture of members thread. that one is my bad...

Bandwagoning isn't about taking others advice, I looked at the 5+ sites that all said the same thing because it's not a personal opinion that its not a good idea to lower a car on stock shocks it's a common fact. I've also been around cars my entire life, This forum is not my first or even last forum I joined... I've lowered my old DB1 on stock shocks before and they didn't last very long after. I simply have a fond dislike for organized religion and because of that I see it as a weakness and lack of own personal thought (my own opinion)

Oh, and I was on this site before I got this teg. I got the teg a week before Christmas. I already knew it was rice, I'm trying to derice it as I'm typing this, scheduling bodywork and paint. I joined when I had my old teg, oem exterior, built b16a swap. I'm a factory exterior type of guy, always have been. reason for getting this one=145k on a 21yr old car......better than most cars I've ever seen. A good starting platform gives you a better finished product.
Why did you buy it if you already knew it was rice?, 145K miles is not very good and it's not like a DA is a gem or anything really worth saving.

I don't feel like quoting that I gave you crap for saying what you had... If you just said "I have Tein S-techs on stock shocks and paid $150 for them" I wouldn't of said what I did, But you said "and keep your stock shocks", It was a recommendation not a statement on what you have. It is never a good idea to recommend someone lower their car and keep the stock shocks because their shocks are already old and may be already near death so when they do lower it, It doesn't last as long as the other two people who have stock shocks.

Stock shocks can hold a 1-2" drop easily and reliably, but anything more than that your asking for trouble in terms of prolonging the life of shocks and the tire.
I know exactly the ride your talking about, A lot of people experience it with the Skunk2 springs, the eibach's and other no namers like neuspeed etc. But teins have a stock feel with a little drop, a lot of the other lowering springs suck ass and bounce all over the place.

The only reason I didn't get coil overs, is because I have a friend with a 94 LS that is putting his car back to stock, and he gave me the tein springs, with his OEM shocks that have 200,000+ miles on them to me for free. Still not blown

If I was going for a ride that was for the track I wouldn't get S-Tech's, because the S stands for Style, so obviously it's not going to handle like a track setup. And my civic and integra both with S-Tech's ride very similar to stock ride quality. They dont have the typical "honda bounce", but if you go flying over speed bumps like a idiot, yeah your gonna bottom out. Yes people should buy aftermarket shocks if they want it to handle better, or even coil overs, but it's not like your car is going to fall apart if you don't have aftermarket shocks.
Gotcha

Last edited:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Tuesday was less then a week ago, Normally you don't find any immediate problems but the life of the shocks will be more prone to stress and weaken over time... I thought you to be someone else from that picture of members thread. that one is my bad...

Bandwagoning isn't about taking others advice, I looked at the 5+ sites that all said the same thing because it's not a personal opinion that its not a good idea to lower a car on stock shocks it's a common fact. I've also been around cars my entire life, This forum is not my first or even last forum I joined... I've lowered my old DB1 on stock shocks before and they didn't last very long after. I simply have a fond dislike for organized religion and because of that I see it as a weakness and lack of own personal thought (my own opinion)

Why did you buy it if you already knew it was rice?, 145K miles is not very good and it's not like a DA is a gem or anything really worth saving.

I don't feel like quoting that I gave you crap for saying what you had... If you just said "I have Tein S-techs on stock shocks and paid $150 for them" I wouldn't of said what I did, But you said "and keep your stock shocks", It was a recommendation not a statement on what you have. It is never a good idea to recommend someone lower their car and keep the stock shocks because their shocks are already old and may be already near death so when they do lower it, It doesn't last as long as the other two people who have stock shocks.

Gotcha
When I said to keep the stock struts, I meant to say that you CAN with those particular springs,
I find it to be a decent entry level setup for a person looking to find out if they really wanna go low, and if they like a ride that isn't completely stock. Whenever people ask me about performance upgrades and want to go all out, I never shoot them straight for the top of the line. Reason being, if they drop $800 and find out they really don't like it, I don't want them to be out $800, I'd rather them be out $150 on the s tech springs, which they can easily sell for $100, and go buy the good shit, or go back to stock. But with that said, yes, I would recommend aftermarket struts, or at least replacements. But for a person new to lowering it would be ok to keep them for that specific spring. Until you can get new ones, they'll work fine. I am going to +1 you for your corrections, cuz that's just how I am. But on the subject of mine, I find DA's to be a beautiful car, Idk why, but they just catch my eye. In my opinion, they are worth saving, unless totalled. As with any car, you are going to have people (me) who are die-hard fans and would buy a shitty one just to save it and restore it. I'm a dedicated person, and this car will blow everyone's mind when I'm done.....it'll go from a pile of rice crap, to a beautiful car again. I'm no hero, but I think every car deserves respect and a second chance, and that's something I'm willing to catch shit for.
/rant