What the eff...

jhun87

94 Ls
OK... i changed the oil on my car. U know, just like the usual... jack up the car, unbolt the plug and drain the oil etc... Ok now I'm done.... The car won't start!! when I turn the keys, its just clicking.... and then.... after a few attemps of starting it but still won't start.... the alarm went off!! what the eff!! When i bought the car I didn't know there was an alarm installed on that thing.... that's prolly why it won't start at the very beginning because I've never had that problem before.... So i disconnected the battery so the alarm won't go off... and if I put it back, the alarm will go off.... what the eff!!! ....What to do....?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joshmmc

Locate the security system's brain. Follow the wires leading to and from it Something may be grounding out or failing to ground that originally wasn't. One time I had to move a couple things around while installing my HID ballasts, and when I put it back together, my security system was completely dead and my wipers were on permanently whenver the ignition was turned. Eventually discovered that I shook a grounding point loose.

jhun87

94 Ls
Locate the security system's brain. Follow the wires leading to and from it Something may be grounding out or failing to ground that originally wasn't. One time I had to move a couple things around while installing my HID ballasts, and when I put it back together, my security system was completely dead and my wipers were on permanently whenver the ignition was turned. Eventually discovered that I shook a grounding point loose.
I don't know how to work on alarms... so i don't want to mess with the wiring and stuff... this is frustrating because I can't start my car with this alarm going off.. do you think that's also the reason why it won't start in the beginning? got something to with the alarm being triggered? because all it was a simple oil change. But yeah, like you said, I might've shaken something on the alarm system and made it loose...

sumfilipinodude

Try going under the dash and locate a black box on the left of the clutch. Then un plug all the wires that's connected to it. It should be like a rectangle of all wires connected to it. if that makes sense.. lol

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lifting up the car could set off the alarm making it think it's getting jacked up and loaded onto a flat bed - locking down the car.

depends on the alarm tho, I dont think the factory alarm has that in it, so idk

jhun87

94 Ls
lifting up the car could set off the alarm making it think it's getting jacked up and loaded onto a flat bed - locking down the car.

depends on the alarm tho, I dont think the factory alarm has that in it, so idk
That's what I was thinkin... but I dont have the remote for it.. What I did was just cut the wires for the horn... cuz that alarm is freakin loud... Why won't my car start tho? is it because the alarm system is wired the ignition? so unless I find the source of the alarm system or brain and disconnect it, it will not start?

jhun87

94 Ls
I tried starting the car with the doors locked but it won't start... So i guess that as long as I don't disarm the alarm, it won't let me start the car... its a freakin good alarm and wish i had the remote for it....

reighn3

Reighn3
This happened to me when I had my first car I had a atlas alarm installed on my 97 camry and the remote was like ten years old so it was a piece of shit I accidentally hit the panic button on the remote and it started going off and then the remote broke. So for two days my alarm was going off i tried EVERYTHING I even disconnected the main black box for the alarm didn't work they have some sort of memory on them (unless its a cheap ass one) so basically I was royally pissed I dug through my glove box and found the owers manual for the alarm on mine there was a little red button and a little toggle switch installed on the drivers side kick panel all I had to do was flip the switch and hold down the button for a few seconds and it turned off. Hope this helps bud

jhun87

94 Ls
This happened to me when I had my first car I had a atlas alarm installed on my 97 camry and the remote was like ten years old so it was a piece of shit I accidentally hit the panic button on the remote and it started going off and then the remote broke. So for two days my alarm was going off i tried EVERYTHING I even disconnected the main black box for the alarm didn't work they have some sort of memory on them (unless its a cheap ass one) so basically I was royally pissed I dug through my glove box and found the owers manual for the alarm on mine there was a little red button and a little toggle switch installed on the drivers side kick panel all I had to do was flip the switch and hold down the button for a few seconds and it turned off. Hope this helps bud
I really don't want to mess with it.. I don't know anything about alarms and I might mess with the wrong wire.. I wish it was just as simple as that if I knew anything about it...