What To Avoid..?

InfamouzTeggy

Hey guys.

After starting my last thread, i was told to stay away from purchasing this 98 integra because it had a rebuilt title. So now I have been looking at some other good deals, and wanted to know if there was anything else that i should stay away from when looking to buy a teg.

Also, if there are any threads about this that i missed, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :D

mirrorimg

Or if you plan on selling it. People prefer to buy cars with clean titles, but if you dont ever plan on selling it, you dont have to worry about it, as long as the work was done right.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Even a minor wreck can have untold effects on all parts of the car. Electrical probelms, engine problems. I would never by a wrecked car.

Try to buy as stock of a car as possible. Look for maintenance records, and stay away from things with engine rebuilds or tranny rebuilds because you never know if they were rebuilt correctly.

InfamouzTeggy

Even a minor wreck can have untold effects on all parts of the car. Electrical probelms, engine problems. I would never by a wrecked car.

Try to buy as stock of a car as possible. Look for maintenance records, and stay away from things with engine rebuilds or tranny rebuilds because you never know if they were rebuilt correctly.
Thanks for the advice all.

The car i wanted with the repaired title just looked so clean that i was tempted to jump on it, but i now realize that it's better to not take the risks. Hopefully I can find a clean teg with a clean title =]

If anybody has more advice/warnings, that would be great.

InfamouzTeggy

Oh, I was also wondering if there was a max amount of mileage i would want to look for when purchasing a teg.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
I think he was talking about price. You should never buy a rebuilt because, I have had two cars that I have personally bought that were rebuilds from two places, and my friend had a rebuild, all had a stupid mother F***ing problem. And most of it was freaking electrical. thats the problem with rebuilds mostly

InfamouzTeggy

Thanks once again guys.

I have been trying to even keep the mileage below 100k, but i found that was a bit difficult. My top choice atm is a 95 non-rebuilt vtec- teg with a clean title for 4500. (109k miles)

sounds pretty good to me =]

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
In the used car market, I would always atleast hold out for:

- Clean title
- Original engine, body parts...etc.
- Stock
- Zero Rust
- Maintanence records