what to do about tranny.

Sassygrassgreen

Rebuild or swap its a b18 ls cable. I've herd the b16 r good but I'm wondering if I were to rebuild mine throw in a new fly wheel and shifter stabilizers if that ain't the way to go. Already rebuilt the motor and have a fairly new cliche in it. So give me feed back thanks

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
really depends on how much you want to spend and whether a 250-400 dollar replacement that "may" be ok is worth swapping in there versus a 800-1500 dollar rebuild (varies based on the internals you choose :))

Personally I have gone back and forth myself on this but in the end will end up spending the money to rebuild mu A1 seris LS tranny so I know I will get another 200+k miles versus swapping in a used tranny and having no idea how long i'll have till I blow the synchros :p

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I'm looking for a b16 or itr gearbox right now to rebuild with a spare engine. Best of both worlds, and I already have an LSD.

I love my short geared YS1 trans. If you're N/A go with the short geared B16/B17 trans. If you're going to be boosted, opt for the longer geared trans.