What to do.. Turboing Question

yOUKNOWae

Hi after alot of deliberation ive finally decided to go with FI. What i want to do is upgrade my internals before installing my turbo so my engine is well put together and ready for my turbo. Im also planning on putting a stiffer clutch in and an exaust system. Wont be looking to get TOO insane with the turbo either seeing as this will be my daily driver.. My power goals are probably in the 250-275hp range. Originally i wanted to maybe get up to 300hp but ive heard mixed opinions on drivability.. so i dont really know, what do you think?

Well im pretty new to tuning/upgrading ect. but im a hardcore do it yourselfer when it comes to anything.. so anything i might be able to do that doesnt require a lift i will prolly do myself (unless its just dumb to do if you dont know what your doing). But i have a lot of friends who have been working on cars for a long time as well as a mechanic living next door to help when i get caught up on something.

Anyways im wondering what type of things i can/should replace or upgrade before putting the turbo in and still having it run well. Maybe some specifics on engine upgrades i should do or whatever else you might think. Also i know alot of you have had a lot of experiance with turbos.. maybe some suggestions on specific turbos that might fit my before mentioned power range.. what are your opinions.

Oh yea almost forgot i have a 1996 LS Generation 3 Integra.. Been Stolen once :thumbs up , with 100k+ miles..

newspeed

yOUKNOWae said:
Hi after alot of deliberation ive finally decided to go with FI. What i want to do is upgrade my internals before installing my turbo so my engine is well put together and ready for my turbo. Im also planning on putting a stiffer clutch in and an exaust system. Wont be looking to get TOO insane with the turbo either seeing as this will be my daily driver.. My power goals are probably in the 250-275hp range. Originally i wanted to maybe get up to 300hp but ive heard mixed opinions on drivability.. so i dont really know, what do you think?

Well im pretty new to tuning/upgrading ect. but im a hardcore do it yourselfer when it comes to anything.. so anything i might be able to do that doesnt require a lift i will prolly do myself (unless its just dumb to do if you dont know what your doing). But i have a lot of friends who have been working on cars for a long time as well as a mechanic living next door to help when i get caught up on something.

Anyways im wondering what type of things i can/should replace or upgrade before putting the turbo in and still having it run well. Maybe some specifics on engine upgrades i should do or whatever else you might think. Also i know alot of you have had a lot of experiance with turbos.. maybe some suggestions on specific turbos that might fit my before mentioned power range.. what are your opinions.

Oh yea almost forgot i have a 1996 LS Generation 3 Integra.. Been Stolen once :thumbs up , with 100k+ miles..

If you are going to go turbo and want to FI i would say you need for startes lower compression pistons and beefier rods. you can look at companies like wiesco pistons, eagle rods, je pistons, crower rods. you can also sleeve the block which gets into a more pricey stage. you can buy block guards too. for the top end you can buy turbo cam shafts from many manufactuers and beef up the valves, valve springs and retainers.

the most important in my opinion would be the pistons and rods( lower compression less chance of detonation and less chance of blowing your motor) , then look at block guard and sleeving followed by any head work.

Last edited:

yOUKNOWae

Thanks alot newspeed, very helpful..

Last edited: