What to do with new motor

evilminion88

I ate the bones
So, my motor in my 90 DA integra with 350,000 miles on the original block, decided to finally kick the bucket. I need my car running ASAP and I already have a spare motor and tranny waiting to go in that i've been working on for some time now, but its not 100% ready. I was building it for ls/vtec, its a b18a1 block with a b18c1 head. The block is somewhat complete its just the GSR head still needs to go to the machine shop, and needs alot of parts still for the conversion. I have a spare remachined B18a1 head lying around, and I'm just going to bolt that onto my block just to get my teg on the road. My question is the pistons I'm using, or plan to use are CTR pistons. I know the GSR head can take that, but I'm not confident if the a1 head can take pistons like that. Plus some friends of mine are warning me how critical it is if I use the CTR pistons, its risky. So, could I use CTR pistons with a a1 head temporarily or should I just get stock pistons? I really don't care at this point what will work with the head cus i just need my car running. I can just convert it to ls/vtec when I've got more time and money.