What to get

Misrain31

What are better to get or what should I get springs or coil overs I have a 01 integra ls and I don't know where to start on the car

gsr_nikhil

If you just want to drop and don't want to break the bank f&f type ones are perfect. Had mine DD for almost 3 years and nothing has ever happened to them. Only like $500 too

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Misrain31

What about if you don't have that much mula lol I'm only in high school

Evul9

Save up, better to buy quality parts one than cheap parts many times... imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Misrain31

So what coil overs should I get eibach, skunk2, tein, Megan or another brand that's good but not too expensive just right price?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
F&F TYPE 1 is good cheap coilovers. They cost like $550. Save up for them.

Sended from my phone

Evul9

I second the f&f1. Bought my car with them in, must have been installed for atleast 4 years and they are still pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Mostly all affordable coilovers are junk. I've always done like Ganyon said and purchased good struts and springs, way easier to setup and wayyyyy more reliable, and you can get excellent ones for the same price of some shitty coilovers.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Mostly all affordable coilovers are junk. I've always done like Ganyon said and purchased good struts and springs, way easier to setup and wayyyyy more reliable, and you can get excellent ones for the same price of some shitty coilovers.

Agree 100%. I've had my fair share of setups and will tell you that a proper spring/strut combo will out perform and outlast the f&f's any day. IMO f&f's are junk, same with ksport. D2's aren't much better. If you're looking for a very entry level setup then I'd say start with some s-tech springs. Had them on a few cars and really liked them. Even paired them with skunk2 pro series shocks/struts and the drop was decent (not in it for the low, in it for the performance). The handling was great! If you want a step above the $120 springs, I'm currently rocking the illumina strut/spring combo and love it. 2 in the front and 3 in the rear is perfect for my setup. You can pick them up for $350-$500 depending on the site deals. The koni/gc setup is tried and true, probably the most widely used setup across the honda/Acura community and beyond. Great for the novice who doesn't know what they're doing and still performs for those of us who do. Hope this helps, if not then search on the site or on google and you'll find countless reviews on every setup out there. Just take everyone's opinion with a grain of salt and choose what's best for YOU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoundEfx

The reason why most people might say coilovers is due to the fact that a spring/strut combo gives you a permanent ride height.
Coilovers give you the option to raise or lower at will.

Also, there are many factors which come into play when it comes to quality.
I have heard some people on ksports for years without issue and others couldn't make it to one. Same goes for Megan and even ebay brand.

Seeing that you're in HS and wouldn't track the car, decide if you want ride height or a track quality spring/strut combo suspension as your main goal for the car.

Personally, I would always choose coilovers over lowering springs.

96LSteg

Jemel
I love my TruHart strut and Eibach sportline spring combo. Ride height is great. I wouldnt trade this setup for the world.