What turbo should I get for an LS/VTEC engine?

import515

OK my engine has 153,000 miles on it, it is an 96 ls and i want to restore it, also i want to go ls vtec and turbo so what would be the best turbo for my car and what all would i need to restore it? :D

GSROWNSU

first of all you need to decide if your going to build up the car or not...because lsvtec is unreliable if it's not done right from the start but w/ a turbo on it the engine becomes even less reliable...if it's not done right that is...and as far as a turbo goes your going to need to get one that suits you. A smaller turbo will not put out as much but will spool quicker which is nice for street driving versus a bigger turbo which will take longer to spool but when it does...watch out

import515

Yes i plann to build up my engine I was thinking about that golden eagle vtec conversion kit also. I do drive my car alot and i understand about turbo lag. I really am shooting for a 12 something on the track. So how do you suggest i build up my motor? I am planning on replacing the pistons etc I am not sure what brand though. I just need some guidance and opinons and what to do and how to go about it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Garrett GT28RS! :twisted:

if you can afford it. turbo lag is virtually non-existence and it supports up to around 350hp. its also a very pricey setup though

import515

Well about how much are we talkin? Money isn't a big issue i just dont like to spend alot. Any suggestion on a good brand for pistons and rods?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Q. What turbo should I get for an LS/VTEC engine?

A. None.

(Unless you plan on blowing up your engine and rebuilding it frequently).

GSROWNSU

g3teg97 said:
Q. What turbo should I get for an LS/VTEC engine?

A. None.

(Unless you plan on blowing up your engine and rebuilding it frequently).
werd.... lol couldn't find the smiley

konerri

i saw a civic at hotimport night(boston) that was running ls/vtec turbo at more then 500 whp but that engine was hella built....nothing was stock....and it was a daily driver from wat i can understand

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Oh, don't get me wrong. It can be done. But you better have a shit load of money for parts and tuning.