what u guys think>?

jdm jon

nice type R right? (clone or not) yes id agree, but what about the rear bumper? would this be odd to have a 94-97 bumper on an ITR?......shouldnt it be a 98-01 ?

as of now im trying to find a 98 teg bumper with the 2 ducts......now the local honda/acura dealership has em for like 400$.....YEAH RIGHT.

junkyards dont seem to have em, but one does for 350 (used) thats BS.

if i were to get the 94-97 bumper would that look odd? i have a fully blown ITR clone.....reason is my back bumper is like an OEM style wings west with a lip that looks similar to rear valances....the real problem is....it has golden eagel diffusers with 6 holes.....ye its cool i guess but im just tired of it and figure its time to "clean the car up"

heres a pic of what im dealing with now.
today i allready swapped out my oem Optional sideskirts for reg. OEM......(painted SSBP optionals for sale, make offer and PM me)

opinions welcomed.......:)

Last edited:

cooki3monstr

snarf
its not a type r. it only has 4 lugs
i think type r's have 5

i dont think that would look odd though.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
its not a type r. it only has 4 lugs
i think type r's have 5

i dont think that would look odd though.
Wrong. Japan came out with the 96 Spec ITR (debuted in 95), which had a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. The U.S. first brought the ITR in 97, which obviously had a 94-97 rear bumper. What's wrong with having a 94-97 rear bumper?

jdm jon

idk, i guess i have my heart set on a 98+ bumper......im getting a lil discouraged since there pretty hard to find for some reason, specially at a decent price.

though idk if i wanna get a 94-97.

what would you guys do? just lookin for opinions.

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
I would just keep searching Craigslist and eBay.

But I remember when we all said not to put those on your bumper:p

jdm jon

i never did. the car just came with the bumper when i got it, though it was always an issue when i posting pics of the whole car.

craigs/ebay are good idea.

Last edited:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Wrong. Japan came out with the 96 Spec ITR (debuted in 95), which had a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. The U.S. first brought the ITR in 97, which obviously had a 94-97 rear bumper.

you are right....the first itrs came with 4x114.3 wheels.

THERE NEVER WAS A TYPE R IN THE US IN 1996, so there are no 4-lug (4x114.3) rotors available from dealerships or companies here...

^^^ just a fact to add to matts comment.