What would YOU do? Tire sizes...

What tire zise should I go with?

• Total voters

StoobyMcDooby

Hey hey, just a quick question guys....

I bought a set of 17's last week for the integra, no pics right now. I'm replacing all of the tires tomorrow at a local tire shop. I've decided on Nitto Neo Gen's. The wheels are 17's.

The wheels have 40 series tires on them now (205/40) and they ride like ass like you would expect. I've had a couple of cars with 40 series before, and i just dont know if I wanna deal with having a crappy ride again. BUT...

I wanna lower the car very soon...

So my question is, should I get a set of 205/45's instead? or stick with the 205/40's ?

--- Is it even worth jumping up to the 45's ? do they really make that much of a difference in ride quality?
all feedback is welcome.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
you wont really notice a difference till 50 series. but i have 17s and im going with a 215/45/17. i have 40s now and the ride can suck but with a good suspension setup you could make it less noticeable. im looking at the neogens too. let me know how you like them.

StoobyMcDooby

you wont really notice a difference till 50 series. but i have 17s and im going with a 215/45/17. i have 40s now and the ride can suck but with a good suspension setup you could make it less noticeable. im looking at the neogens too. let me know how you like them.
i hear nothing but good things about neogens, but I will let you know. I heard not to go with 215's on super lowered tegs because of scrubbing issues.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
im only dropping enough to hide tire gap. which wont be hard with 17s. but i may just stick with the 205s

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
im 19 so ride comfort doesnt bother me that much... so i say function>form and performance>soft ride