what year engine help plz

yoshi408

i know maby this has been discussed before but i have a 91 DA but im suspecting that the engine is from a 92-93 stamps on it are b18a1 under that is serial number 4002122 and under that is HM. found this in another forum - (What's the block number under the B18A1 stamp, if it starts with a 0 or 1 its a 90-91 if its a 2 or 3 its a 92-93.
The first number of the block number indicates the first year that particular motor was built, i.e. GSR B18C1, a block number starting with a 0 would be a 1994 B18C1 block) but i am cinfused because mine starts with a 4. any help would be greatly appreciated.

randomhobo

automagic user
That would only work if it is the original block... if it is a swap motor, the VIN is likely removed...
I swapped my motor and kept the other cars ## for shits and gigs
also to carfax (found out the car was stolen 2x before the final recovery then junked).

yoshi408

Unfortunately i dont know the vin of the car it came from, i had bought the car with that enging already in it the last owner swapped it

randomhobo

automagic user
If they didn't take the tag off it should be on the front of the block just above the oil pan (directly behind the exhaust manifold)